Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Like Business

I love the likes feature, when people are arguing i like certain posts because i enjoy the bantz.
If we remove the like feature, thats fine but i'll only end up quoting it and leaving deep meaningful responses like "TROLOLOL" "LOLTINGZZ".

I appreciate your point about likes and their damage but I think thats more suited to other social media. I honestly don't believe for a second that people care about likes. I love you all, i really do because peoples wierd quirks make me laugh but honestly you're all a bunch of nobodies. If i logged out, who even gives a crap about anything, no one is that important on this forum that you link your sense of self worth to their clicks.

Im so confused that you can actually believe this BS that i am beginning to question where you think you are and what MM actually is. I think if you understood MM for what it was you would aee the ridiculousness of the assumptions being made. Pretty much 96% of us are grown ass adults with families - its their opinion that matters. whats make you/anyone think they are so special that their opinion matters? Thats bloody arogant.

To add another dimension to this discussion, one thing with likes is that we mostly know each other well enough to even predict which members would favour certain ideas anyway.

A post about My Little Pony and driving junk metal cars from 2008 around a race track? Shaver and Sal are gonna be all over that.

A post about grumpy grammar-less gorillas listing the best grown up cartoons for adults? Hakpooh is gonna be slamming down his like button.

A post about not knowing how to deal with humans and survive having to interact with them? SW will be clickin' away!!

So, logically, that also means that you sort of expect to get liked when you write about such topics. But if you don't get liked? Wouldn't that offend you slightly (like when oxy didn't like your posts)?

There could be a plethora of reasons behind a 'like'. I don't think it should be taken too seriously...sometimes I like posts because I'm bored or because I found a certain part interesting or funny......doesn't really mean I agree with the poster!

That's what I mean. Some people I think misuse the like system, therefore a like doesn't necessarily indicate an approval or appreciation. In such cases, it's a little bit difficult to understand and so it distracts you and leaves you more confused.
So if there was no like, then people would write out their thoughts instead, which could then develop into a more constructive discussion.

I love the likes feature, when people are arguing i like certain posts because i enjoy the bantz.

If we remove the like feature, thats fine but i'll only end up quoting it and leaving deep meaningful responses like "TROLOLOL" "LOLTINGZZ".

I appreciate your point about likes and their damage but I think thats more suited to other social media. I honestly don't believe for a second that people care about likes. I love you all, i really do because peoples wierd quirks make me laugh but honestly you're all a bunch of nobodies. If i logged out, who even gives a crap about anything, no one is that important on this forum that you link your sense of self worth to their clicks.

Im so confused that you can actually believe this BS that i am beginning to question where you think you are and what MM actually is. I think if you understood MM for what it was you would aee the ridiculousness of the assumptions being made. Pretty much 96% of us are grown ass adults with families - its their opinion that matters. whats make you/anyone think they are so special that their opinion matters? Thats bloody arogant.

Aren't you saying two opposite things at the same time? You love the like feature ... and yet you think that other people don't care about likes?

Aren't you saying two opposite things at the same time?

Lol.

'I love the likes feature' = I like contributig to a conversation with only a 'like' because i mainly use likes for things I find funny. So if Haku cusses Zimarina, i will always like that post just for the bantz.

'I dont think anyone cares for likes' = My likes have zero value. In the scenario mentioned above, my like would mean nothing to Haku (he wont get an ego boost), it won't mean anything to Zimarina (she wont cry over it) and i am telling you myself that i don't care about my own like.

If I write a post, and someone like it - i couldn't care less, their like means nothing. I've said what I needed to, a like does nothing. Its not gonna make me feel like i achieved something good, and not getting a like wont make me feel bad because I dont seek anyones approval.

Aren't you saying two opposite things at the same time? You love the like feature ... and yet you think that other people don't care about likes?

Think of my like as a 'LOL'.

How much value does a LOL have for the recipient?

So, logically, that also means that you sort of expect to get liked when you write about such topics. But if you don't get liked? Wouldn't that offend you slightly (like when oxy didn't like your posts)?

Bro, with all due respect, you are TOTALLY misunderstanding (and overthinking) her posts about Oxy - which really points to a deeper flaw to your idea here. To be honest, the issue here (i.e. why no one can even start to agree with your overall argument) is that you have written this thread with an assumption about how others feel about 'likes' - but it's, in actuality, probably a reflection of how YOU feel about 'likes'.

I find most people in debates speak around each other because they are not truly interested in understanding others' perceptions, but instead trying to fit others into pre-arranged categories and conceptions. Rarely when people talk about others in the context of a debate or argument are they speaking about real people; they are, rather, speaking of ideological constructions they have projected onto others.

A better starting point for this thread, for example, may have posed a question about how others feel when they get 'likes', why they 'like' posts, and so on. In other words, Spider: I think you need to start with listening, and then formulate opinions accordingly. You don't know others' thoughts and intentions.

Please do take seriously Zim's and SW's thoughts in here - and don't be unbending.

I liked this post because I find it funny that you don't get me.

My likes are so nonsensical that anyone who gets happy over it only deserves more.

No, I don't "expect" to get liked. I dont have notifications for likes switched on and I have never stopped to consider potential likes in ANY way before writing a post. Shockingly, I write to engage the content of a discussion as my only goal.

Also my playful JESTING with Oxy that you misquoted to recast in a serious way is one of the reasons I really believe you have deep seated problems when it comes to your assumptions. You are armed to the teeth with the narrative in your head then scan for posts (pick a card, any card!) that may somehow reinforce your perception. Doesn't matter when the post was made, which discussion, how long ago, what tone and which topic.

It's also slightly (but not too) disconcerting to read what you assume likes to be and to be doing to MMers and their egos. I know I keep saying it, but you SO remind me of that colleague who accused others of intentions and thoughts which only a dysfunctional mind could conjure up.

Sometimes people are projecting the qualities they possess themselves by what they accuse others of.

I don't know if you've ever been in the position where someone has confidently made claims about your intentions where the claims themselves are something that had not crossed your mind by a million miles. I fear you are only revealing uncomfortable things about your own thought process.

I liked this post because I find it funny that you don't get me.

My likes are so nonsensical that anyone who gets happy over it only deserves more.

more please.

No, I don't "expect" to get liked.

sureeeeee

A better starting point for this thread, for example, may have posed a question about how others feel when they get 'likes', why they 'like' posts, and so on. In other words, Spider: I think you need to start with listening, and then formulate opinions accordingly. You don't know others' thoughts and intentions.

Please do take seriously Zim's and SW's thoughts in here - and don't be unbending.

*like*

'I love the likes feature' = I like contributig to a conversation with only a 'like' because i mainly use likes for things I find funny. So if Haku cusses Zimarina, i will always like that post just for the bantz.

That's acceptable.

'I dont think anyone cares for likes' = My likes have zero value. In the scenario mentioned above, my like would mean nothing to Haku (he wont get an ego boost), it won't mean anything to Zimarina (she wont cry over it) and i am telling you myself that i don't care about my own like.

Do you think that anyone cares about likes from other members, then?

Think of my like as a 'LOL'.

How much value does a LOL have for the recipient?

Got it.