Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Like Business

Bro, with all due respect, you are TOTALLY misunderstanding (and overthinking) her posts about Oxy - which really points to a deeper flaw to your idea here. To be honest, the issue here (i.e. why no one can even start to agree with your overall argument) is that you have written this thread with an assumption about how others feel about 'likes' - but it's, in actuality, probably a reflection of how YOU feel about 'likes'.

1. Of course it's a reflection of how I feel about likes. I mean, I really wasn't trying to make you guys think that what I said on the subject applies to everyone here except myself. I wasn't trying to give that impression, and that's why I even used the words "we," "us," and "our" over and over again. Unfortunately that probably escaped you ...

2. You shouldn't criticize me for talking about other peoples' thoughts and intentions. Yes, I can't say with 100% certainty that members really feel and think what I wrote in my OP, but that does not mean that I should say things only if I am 100% sure that I am correct. I'd have to be God in order to do that, but I'm a human. That's why if you scan my entire OP once again, you will find words like "may," "might," "I think," "possibly," "maybe," and "likely." Unfortunately that also probably escaped you ...

3. It's a fact that everyone - consciously and unconsciously - guesses what other peoples' thoughts and intentions might be. You do that also, so saying that I should not make assumptions about other peoples' thoughts/intentions is hypocritical. You yourself made an assumption by thinking that the things that I wrote was exclusively intended to be about how "others" feel about likes (as if I wasn't worried about my own self, too). So you're doing the same thing which you're accusing me of.

Please do take seriously Zim's and SW's thoughts in here - and don't be unbending.

[laughs softly]

Also my playful JESTING with Oxy that you misquoted to recast in a serious way is one of the reasons I really believe you have deep seated problems when it comes to your assumptions. You are armed to the teeth with the narrative in your head then scan for posts (pick a card, any card!) that may somehow reinforce your perception. Doesn't matter when the post was made, which discussion, how long ago, what tone and which topic.

I doubt it was jesting.

After oxy responded to you, you wrote this: "Frankly, I'm disgusted by your negligence." <- I'm supposed to read the "frankly" as a joke too?

I can agree that you said that in an open, friendly way, but the message and meaning itself doesn't like a joke.

It's also slightly (but not too) disconcerting to read what you assume likes to be and to be doing to MMers and their egos.

1. If I think that something might be bad for our ego, then it shouldn't be disconcerting at all if I write about that in order to change it. (I'm not even sure if you sincerely mean what you just said).

2. Speaking of ego, you once posted a reply saying that you are concerned about the potential ego-stoking of reps. Yet, me talking about the potential ego-stoking of 'likes' is something strange and disconcerting to you all of sudden. <_<

You're probably going to tell me "But that post was SEVEN years ago. LOL." Well, I have no reason to think that your mind changed, unless you can explain to me why.

Sometimes people are projecting the qualities they possess themselves by what they accuse others of.

See my response to Mufasa on this.

After oxy responded to you, you wrote this: "Frankly, I'm disgusted by your negligence." <- I'm supposed to read the "frankly" as a joke too?

I can agree that you said that in an open, friendly way, but the message and meaning itself doesn't like a joke.

Either:

Spider is trolling

Spider doesn't get sarcasm

Maybe it's a cultural/mental thing but I think you're a bit off when trying to see peoples meanings/intentions behind the words they use. Zimbabwe is clearly using sarcasm.

I don't want to be rude or make out people from other countries don't get jokes but could it be Spider just doesn't get jokes?

I don't want to be rude or make out people from other countries don't get jokes but could it be Spider just doesn't get jokes?

Maybe Londoner banta doesn't translate very well to him?

Maybe Londoner banta doesn't translate very well to him?

Everyone else seems to get that it was a joke, MMers are from all over.

I win!

Only in your eyes.

To the rest of the world you look like you've lost the plot.

Its so painfully obvious that the comment to Oxy was a joke, she even told you many times in this thread. For you to reject that is to basically call her a liar, and then to reinforce your twisted analysis that is backed only by your interpretations (you wont even acknowledge that other MMers could be right, forget Zim, evrryone else who is trying to tell you that you are wrong here - you're rejecting all of that to believe you and your baseless claims are correct. Thats very arrogant. Unless you have serious mental issues, you're showing yourself to be very manipulative and arrogant. You refuse to acknowledge that anyone other than you can be right on this issue, how can anyone even have a conversation with you after that? Thats probably why she said 'lol ok Spider' because you're not worth engaging when you refuse to acknowledge that someone other than you can be right. And you take this as a win? Lol. If you were trolling then this is EPIC, if not then God help you.

Y'all, it's fair to critique someone's thoughts on here, and an underlying method, understanding, etc. But keep some limits and don't go so low and personal that you're just a jerk & a bully.

1. Of course it's a reflection of how I feel about likes. I mean, I really wasn't trying to make you guys think that what I said on the subject applies to everyone here except myself. I wasn't trying to give that impression, and that's why I even used the words "we," "us," and "our" over and over again. Unfortunately that probably escaped you ...

Right, my point is it might primarily apply to yourself. So it's something that--if others do not seem to agree--you should figure out how to work on your own self, rather than assume others have the same issue, when they're saying they don't. Maybe we're all naive, maybe we're in denial- but you're responsible for yourself.