Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Like Business

that's why my mum calls me a majj. omg lol. these Punjabi disses r so deep.

loll, they are man. Punjabi is ruthless.

First I need to get this out of my system. The unnecessary condescending and sarcastic remarks in this thread are:

1jbguh.jpg

Looks to me like this whole thing is my fault. I seem to be the common denominator in all spider's examples lol. Hehehehe.

where are my likes?

Exactly my thoughts oxy!!!

That's what I mean. Some people I think misuse the like system, therefore a like doesn't necessarily indicate an approval or appreciation. In such cases, it's a little bit difficult to understand and so it distracts you and leaves you more confused.
So if there was no like, then people would write out their thoughts instead, which could then develop into a more constructive discussion.

I understand your original post in that sometimes the 'like' may take away from discussion. Having said that, not all posts will warrant a response. I think it's ok to use the like button to simply acknowledge you've read someone's post. To me, if the post was compelling or important enough for any one person to respond, they will take the time and effort to respond, whether the like system is there or not.

I feel like I'm late to the party (as always) but I'ma have my say too, dammit!

WHAT??? I been wasting all my 'likes' on you all this time??? That is it! I'm cutting you off!

But there is no hard and fast rule for what the 'like' system is meant to be used for. So I, personally, don't see using it for the ways Veno and Ownen use them as incorrect or misused. I have already forgotten what you wrote in your OP (mind not doing so great these days, starting a new job and all) so forgive me if you have stated it there and redirect me, but what do YOU think the 'like' system is for (other than to boost people's ego's).

lol I was waiting to see if anyone would point this out :lol: I think, one time, the only way people noticed I was MIA was because I hadn't liked any posts for a couple of days :lol: :lol: :lol::ph34r: And I am pretty sure that as a result of my over doing it, no one actually cares when I 'like' a post.

Why do I 'like' posts? Because of just that, I like them. They're funny, or I agree with them or think the person put their argument together really well. So sometimes I may 'like' posts on both sides of the argument but agree with one side yet also 'like' how the other person put their information together. I'm complex lyk dyat.

I honestly do not see it as an ego boosting system, nor do I perceive people to use the system in such a way. And as such I don't have an issue with it.

Now LIKE my post, dammit!!!

I know you're talking about one time, but this time it's been a couple of months. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I understand your original post in that sometimes the 'like' may take away from discussion. Having said that, not all posts will warrant a response. I think it's ok to use the like button to simply acknowledge you've read someone's post. To me, if the post was compelling or important enough for any one person to respond, they will take the time and effort to respond, whether the like system is there or not.

I've taken the time and effort to respond to this post because I think it is compelling and important enough. :)

I know you're talking about one time, but this time it's been a couple of months. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Things were just too much. Too much work, little to no resources to help and all the crazy striking that was taking place. But I'm back now :dance: :dance: :dance: