Maniac Muslim Forums

Haha man, this is the sort of stuff that I'm too embarrassed to buy because of my roommate. It just feels weird, like I feel too much of a yuppie white person (though I have neither a well paid job nor a fashionable lifestyle, per the definition). I can instead just steal his rotis when he's not looking.

I bought pre-made Indian sauces in a jar (that are actually very good) but I hide them for use when he's not home and when I'm lazy/busy.

BTW he happens to be a very good cook so that makes any of my attempts worse

Haha man, this is the sort of stuff that I'm too embarrassed to buy because of my roommate. It just feels weird, like I feel too much of a yuppie white person (though I have neither a well paid job nor a fashionable lifestyle, per the definition). I can instead just steal his rotis when he's not looking.

I bought pre-made Indian sauces in a jar (that are actually very good) but I hide them for use when he's not home and when I'm lazy/busy.

BTW he happens to be a very good cook so that makes any of my attempts worse

mufasa's roommate (MR), and his friends (F1, F2):

MR: "So my room mate hides all the indian packet meals you know where, and probably thinks I haven't noticed"

F1: "Why would he do that?"

MR: "Not sure,..."

F2: "Maybe he's shy to eat Indian food in front of an Indian"

MR: "yeah that might be it! He's a weirdo like that"

Everyone: "HAHAHAHAHA what a weirdo HAHAHAHA!"

Is cast aluminium a good cookware material? I've been in the supermarket and this seems to be the only type they have in this damn town. I don't care about brands and what not but i want good quality and don't want to have to buy every year. I had a stainless steel set but that thing was terrible (poor quality) and the handles were also stainless steel so I kept burning myself whenever I touched it.

I see a lot of cast aluminium stuphph around, just wondering if thats okay or no :hmm:

Also, I tried out that way of chopping in that video Zim posted and its quite fun, (except when the stuphph flies all over the place, haven't learnt to control it yet :P ).

I made shepard's pie today. Will find out how it tastes tomorrow cos I'll be taking it for lunch.

If you do not want your ice cream to get icicles inside, then wrap the ice cream container in cling wrap and then put in the freezer. It will stay perfect.

What do you if you put too much elachi powder in the food? How do you change the taste?

Also, I made curry that has gravy. Proper gravy and not watery gravy :dance: :dance: :dance:

I did put extra spices and upped the amount of garam masala I put in. but I also put more puree (going to try this weekend with actual tomatoes). So I think that made a difference.

What do you if you put too much elachi powder in the food? How do you change the taste?

Also, I made curry that has gravy. Proper gravy and not watery gravy :dance: :dance: :dance:

I did put extra spices and upped the amount of garam masala I put in. but I also put more puree (going to try this weekend with actual tomatoes). So I think that made a difference.

Add in some spices or herbs.