Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lupin

They don't use kettles in the USA?!

Try all milk, no water

I used to do this until I discovered half and half, which I feel is by far better!

We have kettles. They go on the stove top. You're talking about electric kettles?

Yes an electric kettle. A stove top kettle is old fashioned here. You might have a whistling kettle on your aga if you're posh here.

Half and half with tea?! D:

Read my post, woman! Coffee. Try it and tell me what you think. (Not with filter coffee though, regular coffee. Pour a cup that has half milk and half water (cold/ room temp) and then microwave for about 2 minutes (or however hot you want it to be) and then add your coffee and sugar and stir and enjoy the yummyness!

Yes?

you have bought shame upon us. leave! Now!!

or that's what an American would say who never had good instant coffee let alone good coffee. I'd take instant coffee from my country over high end coffee in US. People here actually think good coffee is bitter.

you have bought shame upon us. leave! Now!!

or that's what an American would say who never had good instant coffee let alone good coffee. I'd take instant coffee from my country over high end coffee in US. People here actually think good coffee is bitter.

I actually prefer instant to the filter coffee (but I also think I'm not making the filter coffee correctly because I'm not used to it). I like the creaminess that instant coffee can reach. Americans think everything they do/ have is better but they are wrong, WRONG I TELL YOU!!!

I grew up on the cheap stuphph and since becoming an adult and earning my own moneyz I have upgraded to better and stronger instant coffee. I am happy and coffee makes me happy.

I think it's all good. I've never had coffee I've disliked, except for this brief period of time when it all tasted like olives for some reason. I think coffee--at least to me--is much more about just having something to slowly sip on. Do you guys really feel thaaat partial about different kinds?

also have we concluded that Americans don't do electronic kettles because we don't drink tea much and not because of a voltage issue?

Also FYI: 43 Things In The United States That Don’t Exist In The United Kingdom http://thoughtcatalog.com/jeremy-miles/2014/06/43-things-in-the-united-states-that-dont-exist-in-the-united-kingdom-that-you-had-no-idea-about/

I think it's all good. I've never had coffee I've disliked, except for this brief period of time when it all tasted like olives for some reason. I think coffee--at least to me--is much more about just having something to slowly sip on. Do you guys really feel thaaat partial about different kinds?

If I have the cheaper kind then I have more than I would have with the higher quality. The cheaper stuphph is not as strong and the aroma and taste isn't the same. But I'm not such a snob that I wouldn't drink it. I usually take 1.5 or 2tsps depending on how I am feeling but with a cheaper instant coffee that would go up to 4tsps at least. The result isn't the same, it doesn't even look the same. If had to choose between instant and filter though, I would choose instant. Filter coffee made my heart race a bit the first few times I had it. Its not such a problem now though. But my limit is about three cups. If I drink instant coffee I can drink as much as I want. At work I make it with mostly water and a little milk cos the microwave is too far away and even then I can have about five or six cups during working hours.

Coffee relaxes me. I like the calming effect it has on me. Most nights I have a cup to help me sleep.

also have we concluded that Americans don't do electronic kettles because we don't drink tea much and not because of a voltage issue?

Also FYI: 43 Things In The United States That Don’t Exist In The United Kingdom http://thoughtcatalog.com/jeremy-miles/2014/06/43-things-in-the-united-states-that-dont-exist-in-the-united-kingdom-that-you-had-no-idea-about/

Is the voltage thing not true then? I was only exaggerating about being "upset" that you don't use kettles, it was more that if you did decide to use one, it wouldn't work that well anyway? I haven't worked out if that part is true yet.