Maniac Muslim Forums
Deferred

How to disprove the Santa & God analogy used by Atheists?

See the problem, like Haku says, is supposedly complicated and layered. That's the form of their argument. The lines of thought are basically asking for scientific proof. As if Allah(swt) were an inanimate object. Finding proof to be discovered, examined, controlled. How can we possibly answer that?

Out of our grasp, Allah will always be.

Ok - God is a super being who resides outside of space and time and thus cannot be observed. Why accept this as a fact rather than a possibility? How do you know God exists, why not just stop at saying there is a possibility.

without going into deep philosophy (most atheist can't handle that), I'd just shut them down by saying my religion is my life style choice. Basically using the jargon liberal group have cultivated so carefully.

e.g.,

1) Santa/Odin Allfather is more real than God

You are free to think that. My personal choice of belief is different.

Ok - God is a super being who resides outside of space and time and thus cannot be observed. Why accept this as a fact rather than a possibility? How do you know God exists, why not just stop at saying there is a possibility.

faith faith faith faith. Faith makes me happy.

well there are other possibilities. What you have done is present a theory and said it is fact

It's not a theory, it's faith.

There is also a huge emotional and psychological component to faith: It brings you peace, happiness, contentment, and purpose in your life. It cultivates a sense of order and unity in your life. It is all of that combined. As AR said, it's not something that can be won with arguments. Faith cannot be captured in a formal reasoning system just as we cannot formalize "beauty" and "creativity." These things are subjective.

I'm getting quite weary of hearing about the argument proposed by Atheists.

1) Santa/Odin Allfather is more real than God

2) Both cannot be proven "What proof is there that the Qu'ran is real?"

3) Believing in sky fairies is like believing in God

4) People don't follow Santa's rules and it is why they don't get presents.

This draws on whether Science came before or after Islam, and if so give the proof?

I've put forward his weak claims that border on delusional thinking* (this part was countered with assertions to his Santa argument)

That Santa can be disproven with the investigation but I'm aware that I need help into providing a stronger argument.

1) One cannot be 'more real' than the other. It is either 'true' or 'false'.

2) Agreed, both cannot be proven. If both were in fact 'true' and both were claimants to Lordship and all supremacy, then one would indirectly be 'false' since the quality of supremacy and majesty can only be localised to one; it cannot be shared between two, because one entity will ultimately give in to the other. Thus the entity which gives in cannot be given the title 'supreme' since the other entity has overcome it.

The Qur'an is as real as real can be. Why? Because with regards to the text of the Qur'an, it has been transmitted to us in consistent and an overwhelming number of chains; consistency in the personalities of the narrators as well as style of reading. It has also consistently reached us in compilation and order. The Qur'an has succeeded the test of time, but this doesn't make it real. What makes it real is that there is no discrepancy between the words from revelation, till the words written in the modern day mus'haf (Qur'an text). (Whether the Qur'an is 'true' or 'false' is a completely different question. There is a discrepancy between 'real/unreal' and true/false'.)

3) Yes, believing in sky fairies is LIKE believing in God. But it's NOT THE SAME as believing in God. Firstly, we do not believe that God resides in the sky. Secondly, one would have to know the objective and reason behind believing in sky fairies. Belief in God is not a frivolous belief; there is objective behind it. Islamically belief is attestation of the tongue, conviction in the heart and action upon the limbs; this means to recite the Shahada, have belief of Shahada in the heart and to follow the commandments of Allah. When a person 'believes' in sky fairies they will have the above three components. Only then can believing in sky fairies be THE SAME as believing in God.

4) What are Santa's rules exactly? How have they reached us? Have the rules of Santa been transmitted to us the way Allah's rules have been transmitted to us? (I'm fairly tired at the moment, thus am unable to write more.)

That's enough to sink your teeth into for the time being. Digest.

Please stop lumping Santa and Odin Allfather together -_-

Apologies. That was quoted from the person. I don't know who Odin Allfather is.