Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Deferred

Nutrition in Islam

Nutrition according to Islam  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Islamic nutrition beneficial to us?

• Nooo I can eat raw chillis RAAAWRRR!!
    • Yes because we need to eat natural foods in our daily lives
    • I agree because certain foods are a problem
    • My stomach is strong, who cares!
    • I already eat dates, okay?
    • Somewhat, mix and match is fine
    • I believe in Doctors! they give me paracetamol

In light of the food thread, it occurred to me that there must be a healthier way that Muslims can eat a balanced meal. As we all know, there are certain types of food that are good for us and others that aren't. Some of us have a weaker digestive system than others which means we can only eat some foods. You can do online tests to check your digestive health.

I came across a site which recommends food like dates with an Islamic take on why they are beneficial to us. So I thought that if we find anything that is good for us in the Qur'an or Hadith then we can mention it here and come up with a simple Nutrition plan. For eg.

https://archive.org/stream/SUNNAHHEALTHANDFITNESSNutrition/SUNNAH%20HEALTH%20AND%20FITNESS%20nutrition_djvu.txt

Some of us have a weaker digestive system than others which means we can only eat some foods.

zqRjukv.jpg

:P

The most important thing is to avoid that which is haram, eat in moderation, and observe sawm (fasting) at least in the month of Ramadan if you are able to. Exercise is also important, even if it be something as simple as going out for a walk. The rest is more flexible, however, depending on the person. But yes, it's even better if a Muslim is able to follow a nutrition plan that is more in correspondence with the Sunnah as you just said. Here's another link:

Also interestingly, the actor Jean Claude Van Damme, who isn't even a Muslim, said in an interview that he believes that the Middle-East foods are especially good for our health. At the end he even mentions the Prophet (SAW) by saying this about him: "Very smart Prophet Muhammad. He knew what's good for the future, about the body. So look at that. Don't ask me. And believe me, you have everything there."

And of course - and extremely important - always say "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" before you start eating anything and also thank Allah after you are done.