Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superman

Why does chat keep breaking

What? Did it do it again? This is annoying. I've posted a query with the service providers but I'll send another one.

cub an i had major chat today abt huge changes to MM

Now I am tempted to go through the chat logs ... and reveal it to everyone. :shifty: Should I?

Now I am tempted to go through the chat logs ... and reveal it to everyone. :shifty: Should I?

It's a bit strange to read through chat logs if you weren't in the chatroom at the time. Lol

It's a bit strange to read through chat logs if you weren't in the chatroom at the time. Lol

I read some of it quite recently ... but I did that after a veeery long time because I was just curious about the NN/Spider thing (i.e. what members were saying about that). The chatroom might need a little moderation, too, although I still don't think it's really necessary to go through the chat log. That's why I don't do it unless I'm extremely nosy. :P It's probably like 3 or 4 times that I did this, ever.

I personally think members should know that the moderators do have the ability to view chat logs instead of keeping you guys unaware about this fact. I'm just being transparent about it by letting you know. But it's not like any of us actually read them unless we ourselves participate in the chats. It's very rare for us mods to go through chat logs, so don't worry about it.

Also, the scanning of chat logs should be essentially for moderating purposes, not for personal reasons. In my case, however, it was personal (because I was interested in something particular). So you just need to be aware that the mods may view them for almost any possible reason, and you won't know why they did so unless they tell you, directly, as I did right here. I was just being about honest my reason.

Hmm. My thoughts on the NN thing is that I wasn't sure what was the purpose of the thread. Were you looking for unbiased feedback on your patterns of thinking?

It was a fun thread nonetheless.

Hmm. My thoughts on the NN thing is that I wasn't sure what was the purpose of the thread. Were you looking for unbiased feedback on your patterns of thinking?

It was a fun thread nonetheless.

It wasn't really about my thinking pattern. I just wanted to do something different. Partly self-entertainment, partly entertainment for others kind of thing.

I read some of it quite recently ... but I did that after a veeery long time because I was just curious about the NN/Spider thing (i.e. what members were saying about that). The chatroom might need a little moderation, too, although I still don't think it's really necessary to go through the chat log. That's why I don't do it unless I'm extremely nosy. :P It's probably like 3 or 4 times that I did this, ever.

I personally think members should know that the moderators do have the ability to view chat logs instead of keeping you guys unaware about this fact. I'm just being transparent about it by letting you know. But it's not like any of us actually read them unless we ourselves participate in the chats. It's very rare for us mods to go through chat logs, so don't worry about it.

Also, the scanning of chat logs should be essentially for moderating purposes, not for personal reasons. In my case, however, it was personal (because I was interested in something particular). So you just need to be aware that the mods may view them for almost any possible reason, and you won't know why they did so unless they tell you, directly, as I did right here. I was just being about honest my reason.

Members do know that we read chat logs though. Its never been a hidden thing.

Members do know that we read chat logs though. Its never been a hidden thing.

True, but I had a feeling that maybe a lot of members didn't know that, especially after seeing Summer's first reply here. She said that it's a bit strange to read through chat logs "if you weren't in the chatroom at the time." So, to me that means that either she didn't know about this, or she did know but still implying that we shouldn't do this (i.e. read through chat logs) because it's a bit strange. But I guess only Summer can answer that lol. But no pressure on you Summer. It's okay if you were simply expressing your own opinion on this.