Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
superman

Why does chat keep breaking

if a mod wants to read segregated section, all he or she has to do is to change password of a not too active user of the opposite gender and log in as that user. using a proxy to mask ip. tsk. armchairers!

That's why it is important to appoint a reasonable person as a moderator.

And don't forget, even without moderator power abuses, there has been plenty of some leaks and password exchanges between regular members to log into segregated section.

Yeap, all true.

So protect yourself and don't post anything sensitive.

Btw in the past we have had moderators who were anything but reliable, a green title doesn't mean they can be trusted anymore than a regular member.

Yeap, all true.

Btw in the past we have had moderators who were anything but reliable, a green title doesn't mean they can be trusted anymore than a regular member.

Yeah, you were a mod :snicker:

Yeap, all true.

wasn't there some one who was known as the mule. or was it donkey? I can't seem to remember.

And let's not forget Forum maintenance guys. In principle, they have access to every thing.

wasn't there some one who was known as the mule. or was it donkey? I can't seem to remember.

And let's not forget Forum maintenance guys. In principle, they have access to every thing.

Wait, what? They're only supposed to have access when doing an upgrade that is requested. At least, that was what the guy said to me when I talked about the upgrade and him doing it, I had to give access. This isn't right.

wait you said you had to give him access. so doesnt that mean he can only have access with your say so.

i always thought forum maintenence needed access to everything because if there was a vulnerability there they could always patch it up.

Wait, what? They're only supposed to have access when doing an upgrade that is requested. At least, that was what the guy said to me when I talked about the upgrade and him doing it, I had to give access. This isn't right.

i meant in principle. they might have privacy policies.

I read some of it quite recently ... but I did that after a veeery long time because I was just curious about the NN/Spider thing (i.e. what members were saying about that). The chatroom might need a little moderation, too, although I still don't think it's really necessary to go through the chat log. That's why I don't do it unless I'm extremely nosy. :P It's probably like 3 or 4 times that I did this, ever.

Oh God. Spud was right.

Was going to say that Spud & Sky nearly broke the chat after their grime battles.

I was traumatised by nightmares about a psychotic spider because of Mo- asked the strangest question ever about marriage to NN. Suffice to say...

I'd rather jump off a cliff than marry such a person HMPH.

Now I am tempted to go through the chat logs ... and reveal it to everyone. :shifty: Should I?

no. Why do you think no one liked your post? unless they're insane.

It was a bad move on my part. It is a breach of moderator power to go through chat logs for selfish reasons instead of doing it for the purpose of monitoring when something does require attention. I read the chats logs as an individual member, not as a moderator. This, essentially, was the violation. I used to think that the mods were allowed to go through chat logs for whatever reason they had in mind. That is not true, apparently. I didn't know about that, but irregardless it was still an overreach of mod powers to go through the chat logs with the particular intent that I had. So, I apologize for that to the staff and everyone else.

The staff and I have already discussed this matter to some extent. And there may or may not be new developments in the near future. We'll see what happens.

Edit: I still do have to be disciplined though.

It was a bad move on my part. It is a breach of moderator power to go through chat logs for selfish reasons instead of doing it for the purpose of monitoring when something does require attention. I read the chats logs as an individual member, not as a moderator. This, essentially, was the violation. I used to think that the mods were allowed to go through chat logs for whatever reason they had in mind. That is not true, apparently. I didn't know about that, but irregardless it was still an overreach of mod powers to go through the chat logs with the particular intent that I had. So, I apologize for that to the staff and everyone else.

The staff and I have already discussed this matter to some extent. And there may or may not be new developments in the near future. We'll see what happens.
Edit: I still do have to be disciplined though.

At least you're honest. I'm sure that there are people who didn't admit to that or say it as simply as you did.

I was just surprised because I thought Spud was being paranoid at the time.