Maniac Muslim Forums

Salam,

I recently came across this company claiming to have made a formula of nail polish which allows water to penetrate thorugh it thus allowing sisters to perform wudu with it on. They also claim to have been halal certified. I was thinking about buying some for my wife but I wanted to get a second opinion before I do. The company website can be found here 786cosmetics.com

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

2 hours ago, Syed Rizwan said:

Salam,

I recently came across this company claiming to have made a formula of nail polish which allows water to penetrate thorugh it thus allowing sisters to perform wudu with it on. They also claim to have been halal certified. I was thinking about buying some for my wife but I wanted to get a second opinion before I do. The company website can be found here 786cosmetics.com

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

I've seen this. I think it's ridiculous and the same as normal nail polish just used under the branding of halal.

Lol, I can't resist!

From their website: https://www.786cosmetics.com/how-it-works/

The science behind wudu friendly

In theory, if oxygen can permeate a film then hydrogen attached to oxygen can also travel with the oxygen therefore enabling water to transfer from one side of the film to the other ie the film is “breathable”. By demonstrating that oxygen can transfer from one side of the film to the other in a diffusion chamber under laboratory conditions, then the theory is satisfied.

This is basically bull crap .

Under lab conditions here could mean anything. The nail polish film could be made as thin as they wanted. Way more thinner than any practically applied nail polish film. The diffusion chamber could be set to have unusually high pressure to push the oxygen molecules over long period of time. And even then, they were only able to push oxygen through the film. Even with all the lab set-up, they are unable to say they made water permeate the film.

Furthermore, a gas molecule and liquid molecule behaves very differently. Their theory is unfounded and lacks rigour and proof. Most importantly, the fiqh position requires water to be able to wet the skin (and nails) during wudu. Unless that happens, their product is just plain lie.

Brings back memories of when women at work stopped working and started applying halal nail polish.

I didn't of course, I had a job to do. 

On 6/30/2017 at 7:18 PM, Haku said:

Furthermore, a gas molecule and liquid molecule behaves very differently. Their theory is unfounded and lacks rigour and proof. Most importantly, the fiqh position requires water to be able to wet the skin (and nails) during wudu. Unless that happens, their product is just plain lie.

There is ikhtilaaf on the matter regarding nails in wudu, but you're right this stuff is a plain scam. 

I won't lie, I like wearing nail polish. For some reason, I have always disliked my nails so polish makes it look nicer to me. But these so called halal polishes are just nonsense. When you apply nail polish, you put on more than one coat, usually 2 or three coats of a colour and then a top coat. So realistically, even if the first layer is breathable, by the time you have applied a number of coats it is definitely not. And really, how important is this anyways.

There are also the washable ones, which I think would be a better bet to go for if you really feel that you must have polish on your nails.

www.786cosmetics.com is legit! They are Muslim owned and certified! I emailed them got their certifications and placed an order! Can't wait to get my polishes :)

14 minutes ago, rafiabegum said:

www.786cosmetics.com is legit! They are Muslim owned and certified! I emailed them got their certifications and placed an order! Can't wait to get my polishes :)

There are certificates to be Muslim now?

3 hours ago, rafiabegum said:

hey listen dude its cool you wanna own a start up and everything - but don't you think its a bit sad to do it like this