Jump to content
Maniac Muslim Forums

Recommended Posts

Salam,

I recently came across this company claiming to have made a formula of nail polish which allows water to penetrate thorugh it thus allowing sisters to perform wudu with it on. They also claim to have been halal certified. I was thinking about buying some for my wife but I wanted to get a second opinion before I do. The company website can be found here 786cosmetics.com

 

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Syed Rizwan said:

Salam,

I recently came across this company claiming to have made a formula of nail polish which allows water to penetrate thorugh it thus allowing sisters to perform wudu with it on. They also claim to have been halal certified. I was thinking about buying some for my wife but I wanted to get a second opinion before I do. The company website can be found here 786cosmetics.com

 

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

 

I've seen this. I think it's ridiculous and the same as normal nail polish just used under the branding of halal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I can't resist!

From their website: https://www.786cosmetics.com/how-it-works/

 

Quote

The science behind wudu friendly

 

In theory, if oxygen can permeate a film then hydrogen attached to oxygen can also travel with the oxygen therefore enabling water to transfer from one side of the film to the other ie the film is “breathable”. By demonstrating that oxygen can transfer from one side of the film to the other in a diffusion chamber under laboratory conditions, then the theory is satisfied.

 

 

This is basically bull crap .

Under lab conditions here could mean anything. The nail polish film could be made as thin as they wanted. Way more thinner than any practically applied nail polish film. The diffusion chamber could be set to have unusually high pressure to push the oxygen molecules over long period of time. And even then, they were only able to push oxygen through the film. Even with all the lab set-up, they are unable to say they made water permeate the film.

 

Furthermore, a gas molecule and liquid molecule behaves very differently. Their theory is unfounded and lacks rigour and proof. Most importantly, the fiqh position requires water to be able to wet the skin (and nails) during wudu. Unless that happens, their product is just plain lie.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brings back memories of when women at work stopped working and started applying halal nail polish.

 

I didn't of course, I had a job to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 7:18 PM, Haku said:

Furthermore, a gas molecule and liquid molecule behaves very differently. Their theory is unfounded and lacks rigour and proof. Most importantly, the fiqh position requires water to be able to wet the skin (and nails) during wudu. Unless that happens, their product is just plain lie.

 

 

 

 

There is ikhtilaaf on the matter regarding nails in wudu, but you're right this stuff is a plain scam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't lie, I like wearing nail polish. For some reason, I have always disliked my nails so polish makes it look nicer to me. But these so called halal polishes are just nonsense. When you apply nail polish, you put on more than one coat, usually 2 or three coats of a colour and then a top coat. So realistically, even if the first layer is breathable, by the time you have applied a number of coats it is definitely not. And really, how important is this anyways.

 

There are also the washable ones, which I think would be a better bet to go for if you really feel that you must have polish on your nails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

www.786cosmetics.com is legit! They are Muslim owned and certified! I emailed them got their certifications and placed an order! Can't wait to get my polishes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rafiabegum said:

www.786cosmetics.com is legit! They are Muslim owned and certified! I emailed them got their certifications and placed an order! Can't wait to get my polishes :)

 

There are certificates to be Muslim now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rafiabegum said:

www.786cosmetics.com is legit! They are Muslim owned and certified! I emailed them got their certifications and placed an order! Can't wait to get my polishes :)

hey listen dude its cool you wanna own a start up and everything - but don't you think its a bit sad to do it like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×