Maniac Muslim Forums

1 hour ago, Hijab said:

Sausages? :no: 

I would suggest eggs and avocados. Also, have you tried All-Bran?

we (I) are trying to make her eat less carbs

Ooooohhh... like that. I see...

But sausages? seriously?

Sorry cubster, wont spam your thread. 

55 minutes ago, Hijab said:

Ooooohhh... like that. I see...

But sausages? seriously?

Sorry cubster, wont spam your thread. 

what's wrong with sausages?

depends on the sausage. If it is shop bought then it is most likely processed - which according to WHO increases cancer risk. So does red meat too apparently. I haven't heard anything wrong with fresh chicken though

i thought it was very important to let y'all know that i'm eating breakfast of mushrom omlette and home made sausages (butcher's home)

On 7/14/2017 at 11:09 PM, Haku said:

what's wrong with sausages?

:ph34r:

On 2017/07/14 at 7:19 PM, Haku said:

eggs, sausages, meat, tomatoes, avacados, mushrooms

That's too much work :cry:

I also can't eat solid food that requires chewing so early in the morning, that is why the shake works out so well. I can't even eat toast. I've never been able to eat proper food before 10am. What about smoothies? Would that be a better option?

What about smoothies? Would that be a better option?

Down with avos!!! I'm not a fan of tomatoes, either.

On 2017/07/15 at 2:40 AM, superman said:

depends on the sausage. If it is shop bought then it is most likely processed - which according to WHO increases cancer risk. So does red meat too apparently. I haven't heard anything wrong with fresh chicken though

I don't make my own sausages for sure. I buy them from the butcher. The only sausages that were really good, had no fat in them, I can't get because the butcher is in my hometown. The sausages I get now, aren't too bad, there is fat that comes out when you fry them, but not that much. But again, I can't eat actual food early in the morning.

Saturday 15th July 2017

Breakfast: (okay, so I went to bed pretty late so I woke up pretty late   :ph34r:  )

shake

Supper

cheese (white cheddar and brie) and crackers with cream cheese.

Snacks:

chocolate and ice cream

Sunday 16th July 2017

Breakfast:

chai latte and carrot cake

Lunch:

Popcorn and water

(I went to the movies, so I didn't want to have anything that would make me need the loo when I got there so I didn't have anything before I left. The movie house changed the time, so I had an hour to kill so I had the chai because I wouldn't have to pee as quickly as if I had had water or coffee and the cake cos, well cake.)

Supper: (I wasn't hungry)

cheese and crackers again. I had strawberries as well.

Snacked on chocolate at some point. I don't think I have a lot of chocolate? I couple of blocks at a time. So probably one or two rows of a slab at night. I know I shouldn't have any but I get this craving for sweet stuphph after supper and I can't help myself.

4 hours ago, cubster said:

Saturday 15th July 2017

Breakfast: (okay, so I went to bed pretty late so I woke up pretty late   :ph34r:  )

shake

Supper

cheese (white cheddar and brie) and crackers with cream cheese.

Snacks:

chocolate and ice cream

Sunday 16th July 2017

Breakfast:

chai latte and carrot cake

Lunch:

Popcorn and water

(I went to the movies, so I didn't want to have anything that would make me need the loo when I got there so I didn't have anything before I left. The movie house changed the time, so I had an hour to kill so I had the chai because I wouldn't have to pee as quickly as if I had had water or coffee and the cake cos, well cake.)

Supper: (I wasn't hungry)

cheese and crackers again. I had strawberries as well.

Snacked on chocolate at some point. I don't think I have a lot of chocolate? I couple of blocks at a time. So probably one or two rows of a slab at night. I know I shouldn't have any but I get this craving for sweet stuphph after supper and I can't help myself.

Do you have a smoothie maker or something like that? just chuck some fruit in there and some skimmed milk and that's your breakfast. 

But the rest of your food record looks like what I'd eat because of my sweet tooth and craving snacks habit. 

On 7/11/2017 at 4:28 AM, cubster said:

some thing is not right in the label.  It says 1380 kJ of energy per 100g, but only source of energy is 55g of carbs and negligible 3.9g of fat. there is no way there is that much energy is there in only that much carbs and fat. So most likely, there is a swindling goes on in the label. My guess is that there is lots of carbs and sugar in the shake per serving that they don't mention. And given there is 1380 kJ (more than half of daily calorie intake for women) that's too much intake in the morning.

My recommendation #1:

Stop the shake. Make your own. Use things like yoghurt, avacodos. you can prepare them night before.

alternatively skip breakfast altogether. It would do good to your insulin response.

18 hours ago, superman said:

your diet doesn't seem that healthy tbh, a lot of processed stuff and no real whole foods

lol but where did I say I ate healthy? I do eat better than I did, that is what I said. Which tells you a lot :ph34r: The problem, for me, is that when I eat better (better, not necessarily healthy), I don't see the rewards so to speak compared to when I eat badly; i.e. my insulin and sugar was better when I was eating pizza and cupcakes on a daily basis than it was when I stopped lol 

15 hours ago, Haku said:

some thing is not right in the label.  It says 1380 kJ of energy per 100g, but only source of energy is 55g of carbs and negligible 3.9g of fat. there is no way there is that much energy is there in only that much carbs and fat. So most likely, there is a swindling goes on in the label. My guess is that there is lots of carbs and sugar in the shake per serving that they don't mention. And given there is 1380 kJ (more than half of daily calorie intake for women) that's too much intake in the morning.

My recommendation #1:

Stop the shake. Make your own. Use things like yoghurt, avacodos. you can prepare them night before.

alternatively skip breakfast altogether. It would do good to your insulin response.

I am definitely NOT eatng avocados! Next, you'll be telling me to have melon! yeuck!

I thought it would be bad to skip breakfast? Isn't it supposed to be the most important meal of the day? I could try to make a smoothie if I can find fruits in this damn town. The only thing they seem to have are apples and pears. There is no variety and there is no dedicated veg seller either. How are bananas? Are they okay? I read that they have high sugar content and also take a while to break down in the body.

I have a box and a half of the shake left, I don't want to waste it either :/

I don't think I would be able to skip breakfast, because I would need something, I can't seem to eat solids but I do get hungry when I wake up.

Fajr is quite late, so generally I wake up at 6am. I could make a cup of coffee and that could tide me over for a bit. 

Monday 17th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Lunch and snacks:

2 boiled eggs

green apple

2 kiwi fruits

Supper:

2 chops

half a mashed potatoe

creamed spinach (I made myself)

Mixed veg

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Tea:

Cake and coffee (we was celebrating a staff member's new born and another who came back from a 3 month exchange trip)

Lunch:

Garlic polony slices

2 x boiled eggs

creamed spinach

Supper:

The same as yesterday, having the leftovers