Prawns and calamari and chips

Thursday 20th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Lunch

2 x boiled eggs

crackers and cheese and brie

Supper:

Grilled hake and something on the side, not sure what yet.

Okay, so I basically spent the whole weekend sleeping so I didn't eat much.

Saturday 22nd July 2017:

Noodles (I was lazy and I know I shouldn't eat them, but yeah, lazy and in my defence, I haven't had any in a long time).

A piece of flopped red velvet cake.

Sunday: 23rd July 2017

Mince pizza with mushrooms. I also made creamed spinach.

Another piece of flopped red velvet cake. 

Monday 24th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Lunch foods:

2 x boiled eggs

2 x green apple

cupcake

Supper:

Leftover pizza and creamed spinach

Too many samosas! What's a moon btw? I shouldn't mention anything about healthy eating, I've been obsessed with cheese lately, in particular hot pockets lol...

20 hours ago, Awesomeness said:

What's the end goal?

Haku-sama tells me what crap I've been eating and I feel bad/ get scared and eat better/ healthier.

9 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

Too many samosas! What's a moon btw? I shouldn't mention anything about healthy eating, I've been obsessed with cheese lately, in particular hot pockets lol...

It was just over a couple of days :( I hadn't eaten samoosas in a year or so.

I've also had a cheese obsession. Brie is my current go to, but I am thinking of adding blue cheese into that :ph34r:

This is a half moon/ moons

wpid-img_20150719_121008-01_wm.jpg

That kinda looks like a samosa! lol Jk. I guess maybe anything deep fried is no good, but once a year ain't so bad. If it wasn't so unhealthy, I could eat pizza for lunch and dinner every. single. day. I just love cheeeeese.

I realized that the older I'm getting , the more I'm loving food, lol. Idk if that has happened to other people.

We call those moons, patties. (although they are not patties).

I think common theme of Cubsters food is starchy pre-processed stuff and that shake. Cut down those Cubster. Get rid of the shake. Think of it as a diabetic inducing powder.

yea dude ur need more wholefood/green stuff like plants innit

u eat a lot of carbs/sugar - probably because its easier to prepare and is more available.

15 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

That kinda looks like a samosa! lol Jk. I guess maybe anything deep fried is no good, but once a year ain't so bad. If it wasn't so unhealthy, I could eat pizza for lunch and dinner every. single. day. I just love cheeeeese.

I realized that the older I'm getting , the more I'm loving food, lol. Idk if that has happened to other people.

There is no easy access to this kind of food here. Even the curry the one lady makes is kinda bland lol and that is coming from someone who doesn't eat spicy food.

Yeah, deep fried isn't good and I try and stay away from fried things (except chips cos I <3 potatoes) If I put anything in a frying pan I don't use oil. Like, when I fry sausages and steak I just put it on and watch it. I'm too lazy to use the grill cos cleaning it is a pain!

Okay, folks, aside from the shake (I'll stop it as soon as what I have runs out and I won't open the new box. I'll have to figure out how to get rid of it without wasting).

Look, honestly, I don't really understand what is what. Potatoes are starchy and thats bad because it converts into sugar, right? I know this week was bad because I had noodles and pizza and that flopped cake (so I assume thats the carb you're talking about), but specifically what foods am I eating that I should stop? Or reduce cos I feel like I don't over eat these things. Even when I eat crackers, its not the whole box and it takes me a week to get through the whole thing cos I have like 4 at a time. I do eat chocs, no lie, but how bad is one slab over 7 days? But, that said I haven't had any in the last week, and I am going to stop buying them. I've stopped it before so I know I can stop it again.

The sausage rolls are not something I have ordinarily. I bought them cos of ramadaan cos that was easy to make and then I didn't eat much of it and had this huge box taking up space in my small freezer so I ate them as all as fast as I could.

I am trying to up the veggies and fruits. But the biggest issue I have is that this friggin town has so little variety. Apples and bananas are basically what you find everywhere, and sometimes you'll get pears and recently someone had strawberries. the vegetable thing is the same. They have the standard salad (lettuce, tomotoe, carrots) but not much more than that. I've struggled to find sweet potatoe, sometimes I even struggle to get onions (usually because the quality is so terrible). When they have farmers markets they only have pumpkin and squash and I eat neither of those. Pre-packaged mixed veg is the best I can do and there is always spinach thankfully. I know I have to stop the creamed spinach though, but I had cream cheese in the fridge that I bought on special so I felt like I had to use it up but I won't make that anymore, just plain spinach.

12 hours ago, superman said:

yea dude ur need more wholefood/green stuff like plants innit

u eat a lot of carbs/sugar - probably because its easier to prepare and is more available.

What am I eating that is sugary?

Tuesday 25th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Lunch and Snacks:

2 x boiled eggs

2 x green apples

cupcake :ph34r:

Supper:

Mince and cream spinach and I made chips, yeah.

Wednesday 26th July 2017

Breakfast:

Shake

Lunch

1 boiled egg

3 x green apples

Probably the other cupcake

Supper:

tba

Why did no one like this post?

On 2017/07/13 at 11:30 AM, cubster said:

Lol and such a shame that it gets made now, when I eat nothing exciting :lol: 

But just for you, I'll tell you what I had when I went home for Eid.

Eid Day:

Breakfast:

texan steak, kebabs, chicken legs, potatoe wedges,

Lunch:

Mutton kalya and rice, roasted veggies, chicken roast.

Supper:

Lamb briyani :wub:

Obviously, I ate biscuits and sweetmeats throughout the day, didn't get any laddoos though.

The day after;

Breakfast:

Gourmet burger and chips with a huge milkshake

Had loads of coffee at this place and chai.

I was stuffed but we went to this ice cream place after, around lunch time.

Caramel waffles and ice cream, churos and deep fried oreos with belgian chocolate. Triple thick coffee milkshake

Needless to say, I was stuffed by this time.

Had dinner with some friends:

Toasted cheese sandwich (I literally could not fit much more in there) and chips)

Pomegranate and lemonade mix

Desert

Chai latter and gourmet donuts

6 hours ago, cubster said:

What am I eating that is sugary?

pizza, samosa, crackers, chips, velvet cake, cupcake and that shake as well.

So as a general rule of thumb - Try to avoid foods that are processed (like white bread, packaged meat, frozen foods etc). Only buy bread if it says either whole grain or whole wheat. Frozen mixed veg is good though.

Cereals in general are full of sugar - unless you buy Weetabix (do u have that in SA).

In the UK we have a traffic light nutrition system - where Green is low (good), Amber is a medium amount (not good) and red has too high quantities for a healthy diet (really bad). You can use this as a guideline if u have a similar system in SA.

Sometimes simple carbs are worse than fat - because simple carbs are digested easily and converted into fat really quickly. So eating loads of potatoes/pizza etc can make you fat basically. The worst part is that because these foods digest so easily they don't fill you up and you can easily binge without realising it. Try eating more complex carbs/whole foods like oats, whole grains etc.

For protein - try to include more fish in your diet. While it is full of fat it's the "good fat" like omega 3.

Also you might be wondering - why the body even converts sugar to fat.

The thing is that our body uses sugar to create/release energy. Energy is used for any form of movement basically, like your heart beat or running around etc. However when we consume too much sugar - much more than we need to live at the present moment - our bodies have this ingenious method of storing that extra sugar in the form of fat. The great thing about fat is that it's really efficient at storing energy - which is why it's hard to burn off.

It's like having a large surplus of money. Now money is like sugar -  it can be quickly used to buy things you need presently like food, gas or electric. Money is great in that sense - it provides a fast way of trading goods. Now imagine I have 100000 dollars but only need 100 to live. I wouldn't want to waste all that extra money by chucking it away. It's how your body treats all that extra energy.

Therefore, I can choose to store that money in assets like land or gold. Here - land and gold represent fat (otherwise I risk getting mugged or inflation devaluing my money).

Now while this is a useful survival tactic - when food becomes readily available you can see how this can lead to problems - people keep eating food and our bodies keep on storing it as fat. Every time you look at a pizza you have to realise that most of that pizza will be converted into fat and you might have to do some cardio (pretty soon after) to burn that sugar before it turns into fat.