Maniac Muslim Forums

2 hours ago, cubster said:

I've put on weight. I haven't weighed myself but my mid-section is definitely bigger. My clothes are tighter around the middle lol.

But, on the other hand, I've lost some weight on my thighs and bum, cos my pants are definitely looser.

maybe fat migrated in search of better pastures.

What were you eating when you were not updating?

I think you should start what is known as intermittent fasting. Basically 16 hour ramadan fasting with water.

3 hours ago, cubster said:

I've put on weight. I haven't weighed myself but my mid-section is definitely bigger. My clothes are tighter around the middle lol.

But, on the other hand, I've lost some weight on my thighs and bum, cos my pants are definitely looser.

Fat around the midsection reminds me of the woman's biological clock. Some women are into ab exercises, but I never really liked the look of that. As long as you're healthy.

13 hours ago, Haku said:

maybe fat migrated in search of better pastures.

What were you eating when you were not updating?

I think you should start what is known as intermittent fasting. Basically 16 hour ramadan fasting with water.

This didn't just happen now that I'm not updating, I noticed it when I went home for Eid after wearing clothes other than t-shirts lol

Yeah, I think I need to do the whole Monday and Thursday fasting thing again. I don't think I could do 16 hours though, the longest I have ever fasted has been 12 hours. fasting (for the entire month) also leads to me putting on weight, but I assume that that is the body storing fat because it feels like it may not get food to eat lol

For weight loss and resetting metabolism you need 16. Do it with water once a week. Think of it as a diet

I'll try it and see.

Man, at this point you could tell me to do something really arb and I would do it :lol::ph34r:

if you have the time I would also recommend doing some form of cardio throughout the week. To get you started, the Couch 2 5k podcasts are really good.

19 hours ago, Breeze said:

Fat around the midsection reminds me of the woman's biological clock. Some women are into ab exercises, but I never really liked the look of that. As long as you're healthy.

Sure, once you hit 30 your body changes, men and women. I don't expect a flat tummy and I don't care much for abs. Also, those exercises don't do anything for me except build muscle and I don't really want that.

40 minutes ago, cubster said:

Sure, once you hit 30 your body changes, men and women. I don't expect a flat tummy and I don't care much for abs. Also, those exercises don't do anything for me except build muscle and I don't really want that.

Same here. But I've noticed people work out hardcore to get a flat stomach. Do you have that app that measures how much you're eating? My brother records his food intake and it adds it all up for you. 

19 minutes ago, superman said:

strength exercises (such as for abs) have more advantages than just making you look healthy

right. This also says that it's good for you but no need for an insane workout 

On 2017/09/27 at 3:32 PM, Breeze said:

Same here. But I've noticed people work out hardcore to get a flat stomach. Do you have that app that measures how much you're eating? My brother records his food intake and it adds it all up for you. 

Nah, cba with those kinds of things.

On 2017/09/27 at 2:14 PM, superman said:

if you have the time I would also recommend doing some form of cardio throughout the week. To get you started, the Couch 2 5k podcasts are really good.

I walk a lot during the day. I am going up and down stairs often as well.

I am moving into a new place in December which is in a complex and the internal road is about the size of a cricket field, so I am definitely going to go running every day as I feel it is a safer space than being on the street. Also, want to get a bicycle lol but we'll see how that goes.

Is it good/ better that I don't pee as often as I used to? I find that I used to go to the loo quite a lot and since I started following Hak-poo's instructions I don't need the loo as often. I still drink the same amount of water so its not like I have reduced water or coffee intake. 

You have less glucose in your blood now than before. Blood glucose levels are high in prediabetics. Now it's probably coming to normal levels. Excess glucose means it needs to be reduced by insulin or peeing out.

When you walk do you stroll or walk? Try to walk briskly like your cat is eating your cheese burgers and you gotta stop them. 

Thanks. I'd say I do a bit of a power walk because I generally don't leave on time for lectures. And the campus is on a slight incline which I assume helps. 

14 hours ago, cubster said:

Are rice noodles and egg noodles okay?

no, both high in carbs, you'd want to avoid.

Once you have lost lot of weight, and your blood sugar is normal, you can consider eating normal while being very careful.