Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Solar Eclipse 2017

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/

On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe inspiring sights - a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun's tenuous atmosphere - the corona - can be seen, will stretch from Salem, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun's disk.

solareclipse_custom-4a6f26e29b48142673aa

Illustration is from here, which also shows the path of the total eclipse on the US map.

Wasn't that impressive from here plus it was overcast so I didn't bother. My sister made a pinhole camera just to look at it. 

I heard that you should pray (extra) upon seeing it. I haven't seen one in years because we were told that if you look directly it damages your eyes

2 hours ago, Jiyabreeze2 said:

I heard that you should pray (extra) upon seeing it. I haven't seen one in years because we were told that if you look directly it damages your eyes

There are protective glasses for it.

3 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

I looked without the glasses. :/ Then I borrowed someone's solar eclipse glasses, and it looked so cool!! You see this orange thing behind the shadow of the moon! :wow:

:lol: I am living and seeing the eclipse through your description B)

4 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

I looked without the glasses. :/ Then I borrowed someone's solar eclipse glasses, and it looked so cool!! You see this orange thing behind the shadow of the moon! :wow:

On 8/24/2017 at 2:39 PM, Haku said:

On 8/24/2017 at 10:58 PM, superman said:

how can the sun have a shadow on it, its just a massive ball that radiates tons of light

Lol, to clarify, I was just describing it as I saw it through the glasses. The moon looked like a shadow.