Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AROwnen

Fat vs carb

9 minutes ago, Summer.Haze said:

Is there any reason why I'd suddenly gain 4-5 pound in 2 weeks? 😕  I mean I heard metabolism decreases after age 30 or something, but I didn't realize it happened THAT suddenly. There were no significant changes to my diet... I'm 5' 4" and a couple of weeks ago I was at a steady 145-146 lbs for the last one to two years, and now it's at a steady 150-151. 😕

Slows down even earlier than that. Mine has started slowing down and I'm only 24.

In winter people tend to gain weight though. 

I've started eating double since I started work. I think it is partly to do with having more exercise and an increase in appetite maybe related to age.

9 minutes ago, Mo- said:

Slows down even earlier than that. Mine has started slowing down and I'm only 24.

In winter people tend to gain weight though. 

Ohhh didn't know that. Wish the opposite would happen in the summer lol. Seems like I hold on to that winter weight gain.

Started noticing a slight difference after changing my dinner time to 8pm and drinking water 1/2 hour after meals. It's a struggle because I'm so used to having dinner close to bed time, but haveeeee to stick to the plan. My motivation is fitting in my clothes and not having to get new ones. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Summer.Haze said:

Started noticing a slight difference after changing my dinner time to 8pm and drinking water 1/2 hour after meals. It's a struggle because I'm so used to having dinner close to bed time, but haveeeee to stick to the plan. My motivation is fitting in my clothes and not having to get new ones. :lol:

sounds like sugar crash to me

5 minutes ago, Haku said:

sounds like sugar crash to me

More like caffeine crash. I take in a ridiculous amount of caffeine between coffee and tea in one day. But I don't mind the crash, no trouble sleeping whatsoever. 

I stopped eating sugary snacks during the day, that might be helping too. But definitely need at least one sugar-y food a day, like my PBJ sammich lol.

18 minutes ago, Summer.Haze said:

More like caffeine crash. I take in a ridiculous amount of caffeine between coffee and tea in one day. But I don't mind the crash, no trouble sleeping whatsoever. 

I stopped eating sugary snacks during the day, that might be helping too. But definitely need at least one sugar-y food a day, like my PBJ sammich lol.

why are you struggling pushing dinner away from bed time?

16 minutes ago, Haku said:

why are you struggling pushing dinner away from bed time?

Just a bad habit. I get home late so have dinner really late like 10/11pm. Now if I have the urge to eat something past 8pm (which I usually do) I'll try to eat a fruit or some carrots or something. 

Also I have the misconception that if I eat too early I might get hungry again, and end up eating something extra before bed for no reason.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:02 PM, Summer.Haze said:

Is there any reason why I'd suddenly gain 4-5 pound in 2 weeks? 😕  I mean I heard metabolism decreases after age 30 or something, but I didn't realize it happened THAT suddenly. There were no significant changes to my diet... I'm 5' 4" and a couple of weeks ago I was at a steady 145-146 lbs for the last one to two years, and now it's at a steady 150-151. 😕

When you turn 30, your stomach literally pops out. I had the same thing. One day it wasn't there and the next it was, like wft :(

10 hours ago, cubster said:

When you turn 30, your stomach literally pops out. I had the same thing. One day it wasn't there and the next it was, like wft :(

that's because you got pregnant with hamburgers

I've been on takeaways for the past month. We have construction at home.

At work, I ate two pizza's, a cheese ploughman sandwich and a Cadbury egg. Oh, my students offered some crisps.

People are like you're okay eating all that, but I'm concerned about internal fat.

I missed my bus because I chose to get some more food 😕

17 hours ago, cubster said:

Yeah it's alarming. We pretty much have to start watching everyyyyythingggg we eat (although we should've probably done that before but it's suddenly more apparent after 30 lol). 

7 hours ago, Breeze said:

I've been on takeaways for the past month. We have construction at home.

At work, I ate two pizza's, a cheese ploughman sandwich and a Cadbury egg. Oh, my students offered some crisps.

People are like you're okay eating all that, but I'm concerned about internal fat.

I missed my bus because I chose to get some more food 😕

What do you mean by internal fat in this context? 

10 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

What do you mean by internal fat in this context? 

I think it's called skinny fat. I know someone who looks healthy but had a heart condition so it's something that I tend to think maybe it's not how you look on the outside, but how you are on the inside.