Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AROwnen

Fat vs carb

6 hours ago, Breeze said:

I think it's called skinny fat. I know someone who looks healthy but had a heart condition so it's something that I tend to think maybe it's not how you look on the outside, but how you are on the inside.

Ohhh, I get it now.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:06 PM, Haku said:

that's because you got pregnant with hamburgers

I wish it was. I haven't had a burger in two weeks :(

Your weight is obviously a mix of nature and nurture. If you notice a very sudden increase in weight, however, then most likely there's a particular cause behind it.

One significant but overlooked factor that influences weight gain or weight loss is the microbial rainforest that exist in our guts:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-help-make-us-fat-and-thin/'

Even taking an antibiotic may lead to a sudden weight gain, since it kills some of the good bacteria that are necessary for maintaining a healthy body weight:

How can gut bacteria impact your weight? Well, antibiotics generally kill off many healthy gut bacteria and allow an overgrowth of bacteria that cause us to gain weight. Bad gut bacteria produce chemical compounds (like propionic acid) that induce cravings, hunger, and inflammation. Additionally, inflammation will decrease your calorie burn rate all day long.

This doesn’t just apply to people. This is why feedlots give animals antibiotics to fatten them up. Without any increase in food intake, feeding antibiotics increases weight gain in chickens, cows, and pigs. So don’t be surprised if you gain weight after taking an antibiotic.

https://drmasley.com/are-antibiotics-making-you-fat/

On 2/21/2019 at 7:00 PM, Mo- said:

I've gone full keto.

Macros are: 65% Fats 30% Protein 5% Carbs

Working out quite a bit too.

Only doing this for 6-8 weeks to shed the little belly a desk job has given me.

I lost 8kg, not bad :)