Maniac Muslim Forums
PathwayToMercy

Funny Moments at Speakers Corner!

Speaker's Corner is hilarious but most of the religious debates are nonsense because the people engaging in them are pretty unknowledgeable of their own faith. 

Some but not all, Br-Mansur for instance, he's very knowledgeable and he has masters in Arabic language as well as Tafsir ! Likewise Br-Adnan, Muhammad Hijab, Hashim, Sheikh Muhammad and so on but I can understand that some don't but if you look at my channel, the only people I record are thees brothers Alahamdu Lillah, we had many Shahadas there and many people either became Muslims at least got the idea of what Islam is about. This video proves the people that we deal with every Sunday. Anyway Jazka Allahu Khair :)

1 hour ago, Mo- said:

Speaker's Corner is hilarious but most of the religious debates are nonsense because the people engaging in them are pretty unknowledgeable of their own faith. 

I heard about Speaker's corner but I haven't seen their stuff.

Oh wait it's those Dawah guys. 

1 hour ago, PathwayToMercy said:

Some but not all, Br-Mansur for instance, he's very knowledgeable and he has masters in Arabic language as well as Tafsir ! Likewise Br-Adnan, Muhammad Hijab, Hashim, Sheikh Muhammad and so on but I can understand that some don't but if you look at my channel, the only people I record are thees brothers Alahamdu Lillah, we had many Shahadas there and many people either became Muslims at least got the idea of what Islam is about. This video proves the people that we deal with every Sunday. Anyway Jazka Allahu Khair :)

That's problematic if people are converting from that style of Dawah. 

A lot of converts go down the extremism route too, without proper guidance.

None of the brothers and sisters that took Shahada there whet to the path of extremism bro but I see what you mean, if you watch the videos on my Channel you will see that our Dawah is to show the truth from falsehood and the style of Dawah that you see there (I understand many brothers and sisters perhaps disagree whit the way we do Dawah on SC) is to expose those who spread falsehood about Islam and our beloved prophet (PBOH) have a look at this video for instance and see for yourself what they say about Islam.

If we were not there to show what Islam is and how peaceful religion it is, hate will spread even further about Islam and Muslims But all the brothers and sisters that became Muslims in SC Alhamdu Lillah, they're all been shown what Islam is and how we should go by as Muslims but I do get you'r point I just hope you do as well. Just check my channel for most of videos we have there and I would like everyone to comment on here about the videos so we can all learn from each other In Shaa Allah. Jazaka Allah khair.

16 minutes ago, PathwayToMercy said:

None of the brothers and sisters that took Shahada there whet to the path of extremism bro but I see what you mean, if you watch the videos on my Channel you will see that our Dawah is to show the truth from falsehood and the style of Dawah that you see there (I understand many brothers and sisters perhaps disagree whit the way we do Dawah on SC) is to expose those who spread falsehood about Islam and our beloved prophet (PBOH) have a look at this video for instance and see for yourself what they say about Islam.

If we were not there to show what Islam is and how peaceful religion it is, hate will spread even further about Islam and Muslims But all the brothers and sisters that became Muslims in SC Alhamdu Lillah, they're all been shown what Islam is and how we should go by as Muslims but I do get you'r point I just hope you do as well. Just check my channel for most of videos we have there and I would like everyone to comment on here about the videos so we can all learn from each other In Shaa Allah. Jazaka Allah khair.

Bro, I appreciate that but doesn't Allah guide whom he wills? I don't think approaching people that talk inappropriately is productive. It sounds like you're arguing with them. It's hard for me to watch and listen to that. Neither you or them are benefiting from the conversation.

Like I said Akhi I understand what you mean but on SC this is the way it is, not all the debates are like that, usually we have a very beneficial debates to both Muslims and None Muslims alike and sometimes I asked the brothers to be easy when giving Dawah by avoiding the hate preachers but you should see bro how much hate thees people have Islam and Speakers Corner brings that out, I don't know how much you know about SC but you can say anything you like about anything and its been going on for 150 years so people take advantage of that. Like the video above, the brother gave him all the evidence of his claims but he still didn't accept it and he won't.

But I see what you mean Akhi and Allah Said,

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

14 minutes ago, superman said:

There was some drama between dawah man and br Adnan 

There was yeh back in the Summer last year but Alhamdu Lillah it's been resolved. Sometimes Akhi we follow our ego and we forget that Allah is watching.

22 hours ago, PathwayToMercy said:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him]. 31:20

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him]. 31:20

I don't understand the relevance of this in accordance to what you quoted

15 minutes ago, superman said:

I don't understand the relevance of this in accordance to what you quoted

You really don't understand it?

The first verse mentions with "wisdom and good instruction."  Wisdom is the quality of what? It's the quality of having experience, having good judgment, intelligence, perception & sense. Being sensible, good character and most of all - knowledge. 

The second verse I posted thinking it will be understood is about knowledge, Qu'ran AND guidance. 

The argument part of the ayah is taken too literally with these guys who are promoting their vids.

I don't think turning religion into a debate is a good idea. You might attract a few, but you're also likely to turn away many more.