Jump to content
Maniac Muslim Forums

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

Been ages. Hope you are all well, in sha Allah.

 

So I am in a crappy situation. My tooth has an infection and I might need /actually I will need a root canal treatment at some point later on if not now :( I don't like the idea at all, but I want to save my tooth. Do you guys have any experience with root canals? And did you guys manage to save yourselves out of it (without the treatment)?  At this point, I am using miswak like a mad where ever I go  😳 I hope it will cure the infection in sha Allaah... I tried doing the googling, but I found nothing :( So yeah, do you know of any alternatives to root canal treatment? Please PLEASE share :( 

 

May Allaah swt reward you so much good, ameen

 

- extremely sad H

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To Admins: 

 

Im sorry, I was not sure of where to post this, so if it needs to go to another section, feel free to move it... also I don't know if anyone made a similar topic.. 

 

Also Please pray for me :( 

Jazak Allaah khair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

root canal nowadays doesn't hurt when done right (beyond the initial numbing shots)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^well I heard other stories. Also its hella expensive.   I just want to avoid the whole drill. My tooth looks fine. Problem is that I have a crack and will either need root canal or extraction 😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had root canal. It's fine tbh and doesn't hurt. Miswak won't do anything as the infection has gone to the root of Ur tooth ie below the surface ie u need to drill a hole to get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably won't be much help as I'm terrified of dentists (bad exps). They should numb you first and then do the root canal. It should be over before you know it. Insha'Allah :flower:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hijab said:

Hi guys,

 

Been ages. Hope you are all well, in sha Allah.

 

So I am in a crappy situation. My tooth has an infection and I might need /actually I will need a root canal treatment at some point later on if not now :( I don't like the idea at all, but I want to save my tooth. Do you guys have any experience with root canals? And did you guys manage to save yourselves out of it (without the treatment)?  At this point, I am using miswak like a mad where ever I go  😳 I hope it will cure the infection in sha Allaah... I tried doing the googling, but I found nothing :( So yeah, do you know of any alternatives to root canal treatment? Please PLEASE share :( 

 

May Allaah swt reward you so much good, ameen

 

- extremely sad H

 

 

I was posting about this just months ago lol. I was trying to avoid doing a root canal for almost a year. When I finally made an appointment, I panicked and changed my mind at the appointment. Bad idea.They insisted I go before the cavity reaches my nerves because then it will start to hurt. Eventually it did, and the pain was awful, which is when I knew I had no choice but to do it. If you go to a good dentist (check their reviews online) it should be a painless experience, aside from, as Haku mentioned, the initial pinch from the syringe they use to numb the area. The area around your tooth will probably feel sore too. If the dentist is telling you with a certainty that you need a root canal, then yes you'll need one. You don't want to wait til a cavity gets worse.

 

On a tangent note: The part that I was confused about was the crown, but I guess it's because I didn't do my research on it, and some doctors don't bother to explain exactly what they will do until the day of. After my root canal, I had a follow up appointment for a crown (molding the tooth), and another appointment to place the crown, and at that appointment I asked my dentist what she's planning to do. She says I'm going to shave off the majority of your tooth and place the crown (the molded shape of my original tooth) onto the filling. I was mortified by what she just said lol. I said 'but I feel like my tooth is sturdy.' She said it's hollow on the inside. I asked if people have done root canals without getting a crown, she said yes, that's a possibility (yeah, she tells me AFTER I ask!) but there are risks, such as chipping of the tooth, etc. I said well I'd like to keep my tooth today, and see what happens from there, thanks! I said I'll just avoid biting with that particular tooth lol. As of today (it's been a few months since the root canal) my tooth does feel sore, but it's ok so far.

 

So, which tooth has the cavity? Mine was the first premolar.

 

image-of-templates-teeth-names-diagram-t

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, superman said:

I've had root canal. It's fine tbh and doesn't hurt. Miswak won't do anything as the infection has gone to the root of Ur tooth ie below the surface ie u need to drill a hole to get there.

 

How can the miswak not help? It is the best brush, it should be able to cure the infection 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Breeze said:

I probably won't be much help as I'm terrified of dentists (bad exps). They should numb you first and then do the root canal. It should be over before you know it. Insha'Allah :flower:

 

 

I was terrified too.. for the longest time, until I had terrible pain, then... then I knew I had to go 😭 You should go too... cos God Forbid, if you do happen to have a cavity, you can avoid this situation. It's not nice at all.

 

Thanks :flower: I hope so too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Summer.Haze said:

 

I was posting about this just months ago lol. I was trying to avoid doing a root canal for almost a year. When I finally made an appointment, I panicked and changed my mind at the appointment. Bad idea.They insisted I go before the cavity reaches my nerves because then it will start to hurt. Eventually it did, and the pain was awful, which is when I knew I had no choice but to do it. If you go to a good dentist (check their reviews online) it should be a painless experience, aside from, as Haku mentioned, the initial pinch from the syringe they use to numb the area. The area around your tooth will probably feel sore too. If the dentist is telling you with a certainty that you need a root canal, then yes you'll need one. You don't want to wait til a cavity gets worse.

 

On a tangent note: The part that I was confused about was the crown, but I guess it's because I didn't do my research on it, and some doctors don't bother to explain exactly what they will do until the day of. After my root canal, I had a follow up appointment for a crown (molding the tooth), and another appointment to place the crown, and at that appointment I asked my dentist what she's planning to do. She says I'm going to shave off the majority of your tooth and place the crown (the molded shape of my original tooth) onto the filling. I was mortified by what she just said lol. I said 'but I feel like my tooth is sturdy.' She said it's hollow on the inside. I asked if people have done root canals without getting a crown, she said yes, that's a possibility (yeah, she tells me AFTER I ask!) but there are risks, such as chipping of the tooth, etc. I said well I'd like to keep my tooth today, and see what happens from there, thanks! I said I'll just avoid biting with that particular tooth lol. As of today (it's been a few months since the root canal) my tooth does feel sore, but it's ok so far.

 

So, which tooth has the cavity? Mine was the first premolar.

 

image-of-templates-teeth-names-diagram-t

 

 

 

Summer. :flower: Ma sha Allah you are so brave.  Wait..so you didn't get the crown? You got the filling but not the crown yes? I think it is also possible to have it made with plastic?  You are avoiding biting with that tooth? Summer?! :( that's not good at all... 

 

I don't have a cavity in my tooth. It's a crack and I have no idea how it got there. My tooth is whole and looks fine, but for the root canal, they will have to ruin it completely, I dont like the thought of that, but on the other hand, I know it has to be done if I want to get rid of the infection. 

 

I am so glad it has been ramadhan, cos then I did not have to eat for long hours,  also am not biting or chewing with that tooth at all lol. It is super difficult because its my first molar on my right side and on my lower teeth and I have ALWAYS been chewing food on my right side 😕 up till now! I went to the dentist yesterday, and she said I will need a root canal at some point, and she was talking about the nerve in the tooth did not seem dead, yet. 😕 but it could be that they are slowly dying... :(

You do know that you can reverse cavities right? I used to have a cavity in this tooth, but I am really good at drinking water straight after I have eaten, also I keep the miswak with me, and honestly I can recommend doing that!! Please use the miswak, you can avoid so many dental issues just with that stick. It is a miracle. 

 

Would you say that the root canal treatment was succesful? I mean if you do still feel sore with that tooth? Please correct me. Do you plan to visit the dentist anytime soon? We should always try to do proper research before paying large bills lol, cos the dentists might not always tell you what you really would want to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just seen Summer's post. Have no fear Dentist Summer is here! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Ill have to ask, how?  Please explain... ma sha Allah, So she did not feel pain afterwards?  She did some desi totkas? lol.  How is her tooth doing now?  Was she fearing the bill? Cause truthfully I know my bill is going to give me heart attack lol. Ma sha Allah its really cool if she managed to keep her tooth without any treatment and pain, alhamdulillaah for that! ❤️❤️❤️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops sorry I asked her again and she doesn't remember ever going to a dentist. I don't think she's ever been. 

I must have got her mixed up. 

Yes the root canal is a deep treatment apparently but with new technology they should be able to help you out more. 

NHS bill? May Allah make it better for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a minor update. 

 

:( 

 

Before I was told that my tooth has a crack but the dentist wasn't able to locate it... but now I can see it clearly and one part of it is sort of moving  😭   I might need root canal and...tooth extraction 😭 I am so sad 😭😭 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah no, sorry to hear that Hijab. InshaAllah things go well and are easy for you. :flower:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×