Jump to content
Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AROwnen

New Muslim Area

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, AROwnen said:

Can a Muslim be buried in a log?

you mean using a log as a casket? 

It would be weird since this is not the vanilla Islamic burial ritual, nor required by law. You need to talk to a scholar on this, since no one probably have asked this question before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, Haku said:

you mean using a log as a casket? 

It would be weird since this is not the vanilla Islamic burial ritual, nor required by law. You need to talk to a scholar on this, since no one probably have asked this question before.

The idea came while camping. The ground is too rocky to dig deep. Can a log be split, a space made then soil placed then the body then the other side of the log. 

 

I was imagining this as a different story, but the idea of how to bury someone if a hole can't be dug intrigued me. It would be a rotting, non memorial container. Interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AROwnen said:

The idea came while camping. The ground is too rocky to dig deep. Can a log be split, a space made then soil placed then the body then the other side of the log. 

 

I was imagining this as a different story, but the idea of how to bury someone if a hole can't be dug intrigued me. It would be a rotting, non memorial container. Interesting...

yeah, a valid question for sure. I imagine there are lots of rocky/frozen lands with muslims on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AROwnen said:

Do we say the word blessings when describing something good from Allah(set)?

 

 

We do indeed. 

 

The Arabic word for blessing is barakah, which is regularly used in Islamic greetings, prayers and remembrance. 

In fact, the full Islamic greeting contains it:

Salamu alaikum wa rahmat Allahi wa *barakathu*

Which translates to:

Peace and the mercy and blessings of Allah upon you.

I hope this was of help Uncle Owen :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mo- said:

 

We do indeed. 

 

The Arabic word for blessing is barakah, which is regularly used in Islamic greetings, prayers and remembrance. 

In fact, the full Islamic greeting contains it:

Salamu alaikum wa rahmat Allahi wa *barakathu*

Which translates to:

Peace and the mercy and blessings of Allah upon you.

I hope this was of help Uncle Owen :)

It does. I don't like using Christian specific phrases anymore to try and bridge my understanding. Evangelicals ( and there are soooooo many here) have made the word blessing and bless a cultural code word. Yay! Thank you my brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...