Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Asma

Zakaat

What have u done with ur wealth  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What have u done with ur wealth

• I paid zakaat whenever it became fard upon me and I also gave saddaqahOut of the times zakaat became fard on me, I only paid a few of those times and I also gave saddaqahI never paid zakaat because my income never reached the threshold but I did pay saddaqah whenever I was able to.I never paid zakaat eventhough it was fard upon me but I gave saddaqahI paid zakaat bu never gave saddaqahI never paid zakaat nor gave saddaqahOther

Was reading about zakaat and realized that almost in every aayah in the Qur'an zakaat is stated as a command right after salaat. I just felt that nowadays ppl are starting to forget its importance. So was just wondering if im right or wrong. Please be honest

did a mistake

dont know how this whole poll thing works ..anyone wanna help out :unsure:

zakaat is awesome, i want to give money. but i know that you can only give when you have a steady job or money, and theres a percentage (1 - 2) rougly. since i have a part time job, should i give weekly? or is it your annual savings? iA i'll give like, 5 or 10 dollars every week! although i do buy popeyes chicken from the masjid every juma but that doesnt count :I

zakaat is awesome, i want to give money. but i know that you can only give when you have a steady job or money, and theres a percentage (1 - 2) rougly. since i have a part time job, should i give weekly? or is it your annual savings? iA i'll give like, 5 or 10 dollars every week! although i do buy popeyes chicken from the masjid every juma but that doesnt count :I

:lol:

the weekly thing would be considered more like saddaqah like mentioned previouly.

The money thats given into zakaat is usually money thats been untouched for a year. And there's a certain threshold after which ur obliged to pay. i believe its 2.3%?

anyway the option are on the poll...but i somehow got them all togehter as one option.

-I paid zakaat whenever it became fard upon me and I also gave saddaqah

-Out of the times zakaat became fard on me, I only paid a few of those times and I also gave saddaqah

-I never paid zakaat because my income never reached the threshold but I did pay saddaqah whenever I was able to.

-I never paid zakaat eventhough it was fard upon me but I gave saddaqah

-I paid zakaat but never gave saddaqah

-I never paid zakaat nor gave saddaqah

-Other

do you still have to pay zakaat if all you money comes from your York University and you didn't earn any of it?

Guest Salina
zakaat is awesome, i want to give money.  but i know that you can only give when you have a steady job or money, and theres a percentage (1 - 2) rougly.  since i have a part time job, should i give weekly? or is it your annual savings? iA i'll give like, 5 or 10 dollars every week!  although i do buy popeyes chicken from the masjid every juma but that doesnt count :I

:lol: Aww!

I dont give official zakat money but I do give to charities and whatnot. Does that count?

Oh and I do think its very important in Islam...but the tradition of giving it after every salaah is dying because people tend to pray at home more often.

The literal meaning of Zakat is ‘to cleanse’ or ‘purification’. In the Islamic faith, Zakat means purifying your wealth for the will of Allah to acknowledge that everything we own belongs to Allah SWT and to work towards the improvement of the Muslim Ummah. According to Islamic rules, Zakat is 2.5% of one year’s total cumulative wealth. This amount is then distributed to the poor. Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) has said “Whoever pays the zakat on his wealth will have its evil removed from him”