Maniac Muslim Forums

My wife just gave birth to our first child, Amatullah, last Thursday (1/27/05).

Oye that's MY birthday. :ph34r:

oh wow! mashallah thats amazing siraaj!! your wife had guts! since it sounds like she's the one who took the initiative... or did i read that all wrong :rolleyes: ... anyways, congrats on your first child!!! :D !

oh wow! mashallah thats amazing siraaj!! your wife had guts! since it sounds like she's the one who took the initiative... or did i read that all wrong :rolleyes: ... anyways, congrats on your first child!!! :D !

Salaam alaykum,

My wife took the initiative. It makes sense too, if you understand what my financial situation was at the time. I had (and still have, astagfirillah) lots of school debt and I was leaving my part time research job to go find a professional job. So I was basically in debt and unemployed, and I didn't think it would be right of me to ask any girl's hand in marriage if I couldn't support them.

Anyway, when I finally met my wife, I explained all of this to her in full detail, but she didn't really care. She wanted to marry to protect herself, complete her deen, and so on and so forth and felt that Allah (SWT) would take care of the rest. I agreed.

We got married two months later. The story gets better though.

The first four months of marriage, I had no job, but we didn't want to move in with my parents. I know a lot of Muslims do this, but I simply wasn't down with that. Still, we decided to go it alone at our college campus. The first four months, we lived off the money and gifts we received from the wedding.

At the start of the next year, just when I was going to try and get a job at just about anywhere, one of our Muslim professors called me and got me a job with the school as a researcher again, and I was pulling down more money than the first time I was a researcher (about $1700 a month for 20 hours a week of work).

Anyway, I did that for 10 months until I was just recently hired in November by Motorola, just in time for baby.

All of this is from Allah (SWT). I didn't do anything except keep turning to Him (SWT), and even the fact that I kept turning to Him (SWT) was from Him (SWT) for keeping me on this path.

Siraaj

SIRAAJ JR.! :lol: Niiice! mA, congrats man! Having a child is an awesome thing and you deserve so much respect for taking that step, man. Like Saqib said, inshAllah you'll be makin that step a few more times. ;) 9 more times?... M Word, repeat after me, "PA POW PAOW!" :P

Congradulations Siraaj! Your story is so nice. It's so great to know there are still people like you have faith in Allah (SWT) no matter what.

aww mA Siraaj...congradz on your first baby and your shaadi story is just too cute mA.....inshallah Allah(SWT) will make the future alittle bit more easier for you and your family inshallah

^no, this thread is.....but u're a little kid so don't worry about anything

Wow siraaj... you got it all done in 2 months? too cool... i love wedding stories... and the financial issue is what holds back most people... you are so lucky that evreything was and is going smoothly for you, with the help of Allah :)

what's even cuter is how the financial problems make a marriage even more stronger, b/c that's when you're most vulnerable and you know that someone is there for you no matter what.....that's the most sweetest thing

Ya, I gotta say too, that's an amazing story. I'm really glad you shared it with us. Alhumdullilah, good to hear things are good and stable now. Hijabi_baji5's probably right, I'm sure it makes a couple stronger after going through such an adventure. And ya, thanks for the advice (from your second post). :wink: You're right, every guy does wish for such a happy story. :rolleyes:

you guys i don't have a definate story but my Nani is looking in India right now :fear: