Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Online Sources

Assalamu alaikum wa-rahmatullahi wa-barakatuhu

Ramadan Kareem and Mubarak to all! It is Ramadan, let us excell in our efforts to learn our Deen. There are many ways to do so, even through the internet; for as long as one is careful and thoughtful, success can be achieved insha'allah. So then let us list those sites that are generally reliable, offering the views of moderation and tradition and seeking to avoid secterianism and heresy.

Sunni Path: An onlike Sunni academy that includes Aqida, Tasawwuf, Fiqh and Fatawa particularly from the Hanafi and Shafi'i schools. Founded by Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller and Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.

Hanbali Text Society: Reaching Out, offering information about various heterodox groups as well as prominent historical Shuyukh and matters mostly in Aqida but Fiqh as well from particularly the Hanbali school. Founded by Shaykh Abu Ja`far al-Hanbali.

Guiding Helper: A site based on Ibn Ibn `Ashir's famous al-Murshid al-Mu`in. It is a Maliki site that offers translations and explanations of this book as well as information about Maliki Fiqh. Founded by Shaykh `Ali Ellaraqi al-Sharif al-Husayni.

Islam Online A huge website offering a great variety of information: it includes three translations of the Qur'an, Fiqh, Fatawa, Aqida, News and much more. It offers a very broad view that includes traditional as well as more modern approaches. Founded by Shaykh Yusuf al-Qaradawi.

Masud A site that offers many works by eminent Shuyukh particularly Keller and Murad. It is very much recommended by Sunni Path and founded by Mas'ud Ahmad Khan.

Saleel A Deobandi-Hanafi site that offers much information on Fiqh and more. It also contains material from the other 3 schools.

Living Islam A huge site with much material on Fiqh, Aqida and the principles within them as well as much more. Founded by Shaykh Gibril Fouad Haddad.

Zaytuna A great accademy that also contains various articles and multimedia. Founded by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf.

There are so many more, I could go on for hours and insha'allah I will continue the list when I can.