Maniac Muslim Forums
soulja

Random Islamic Questions

damn that explain why i've been having all these impure dreams lately :lol:

you should be fine if you sleep on your back

I HAVE A QUESTION.....i dunno if this is true but i grew up with my family telling me that if u sleep on your stomach shaitan sits on your back or sumthing like that.so i was just wondering if it was true or not!?

That is not true but the prophet saw forbade us from sleeping on our stomach.

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that one day the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, passed by a man sleeping on his belly. He tapped the man with his foot saying: ‘Such manner of sleeping is loathed by Allah’ †(Reported by Ibn Hibban)â€

It's really bad for you regardless, sleeping on your stomach* I mean. It's the worst position for you to sleep in. (Short of some weird, completelyunnatural position to sleep in :blink: )

Do jinn die?

Hahah thanks for catching that.. wasn't thinking.

Stomach is the most comfortable way to sleep. No matter what position I try to go to sleep in, I end up on my stomach.

i heard jinn live a lot longer than humans, but they do die of natural causes too.

i dont like sleeping on my stomach, i always end up drooling on my pillow :( jk...or am i? not? where is you now me huh? poo?

Question For Mossy:

Salam Mossy ive looked through a lot of books and searched on the net for the context in when the prophet saw said the following hadith:

Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours (Islam) that is not part of it, will have it rejected.†(Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

do you know the context behind it. it would be appreciated.

I don't know the context personally, and I don't believe the context is in the sharh of muslim. Have asked though. There are plenty of articles about this, of course ;)

eg http://www.livingislam.org/n/mb_e.html

Sure, will link some more tmrw iA. Alternatively, you can search on sunniforum for bida/bidah - the good discussions are the ones with arabic.. The bad ones are the ones where people start calling each other names (generally those get closed, sigh).

actually sleeping on your back is the most unhealthy way to sleep, even tho it doesnt seem like it, sleeping on ur tummy is better, but on ur side is best healthwise

I've heard the EXACT opposite of what you just said.

Q: What is he best position for sleeping to keep your back healthy?

A: This is a common question I get in my office on a weekly basis. My patented answer is, any sleep that is deep and uninterrupted that leaves you feeling rested and rejuvenated is a great sleep session, regardless of the position you fell asleep or wake up in.

Hypothetically the best position to sleep is flat on your back with your hands at your side similar to a corpse. The neck should be supported either by a very thin pillow, no pillow or one that induces the cervical (neck) curve gently. This corpse position is considered the most favorable due to the natural anatomically posture of the entire body. Weight bearing for gravity is equally distributed from the head to the feet and the organs are at rest in their natural positions.

The second best position for sleeping would be the fetal position. This position as the name describes is lying on either side with both knees bent up towards the chest. The arms should once again be comfortable in front of the body. Placing a hand, arm or elbow under your head could potentially irritate neck, jaw or shoulder muscles.

Utilization of large fluffy or over stuffed pillows is definitely a poor posture to place your head, neck and shoulders. Also, using two or three pillows in these same areas will aggravate the spine and neck region.

The worse position is lying on your stomach with you hands over you head, ironically the most common position my patients relate to me that the sleep in. The reasoning behind this position being so unhealthy is that while on your stomach, your ribcage and torso are compressing your vital internal organs such as your heart, liver, lungs, spleen, etc. While compression is occurring to these organs they have less ability to contract and expand through normal phases of respiration. Blood supply and therefore oxygen supply may be inhibited or minimized not allowing normal daily detoxification and healing to occur fully.

Once again, despite any of the positions, it is most important to get a complete comfortable amount of sleep for normal healing and repair throughout the entire body.

From: http://www.pollackchiropracticcenter.com/a...FORSLEEPING.htm

earthquakes occur because the tectonic plates shift around. :ph34r:

thats nature dude, its like asking why it rains.