Maniac Muslim Forums
soulja

Random Islamic Questions

6 hours ago, cubster said:

Depends on school of thought I think. Personally, if something any amount of alcohol in it, no matter how small I won't drink it but there are some schools of thought that say its okay if it is less that 1% (or something like that) and this is how many Muslims justify eating Hagen Daz ice cream, for example. 

In SA if its non-alcholic it means absolutely no alcohol in it. I have seen wine that has zero alcohol in it, don't know why they call it wine though lol its bascially grape juice. 

I did look it up, but did not find enough evidence for/against... so I figured as long as I don't get intoxicated, it should be ok? I know that's no excuse...Also I agree and feel the same way. I would never eat or drink anything with alcohol regardless of the small amount, but the label was very convincing and truthfully I felt nothing wrong with it... at that time.   I should have asked around before I tried it and not now when it is too late. 

May Allaah forgive me, ameen.

10 hours ago, superman said:

say good bye to apples, oranges, pears .. etc and maybe even coke and pepsi

Explain that, please. I don't drink fizzy drinks anyways so that doesn't matter to me.

If something occurs naturally in a fruit I find that different to drinking alcohol where it has been purposefully fermented for that purpose. Also, doesn't the fruit ferment if you leave it too long and that's where the alcohol comes from, not that the fruit is already alcoholic, rather it has the potential for alcohol?

8 hours ago, Hijab said:

I did look it up, but did not find enough evidence for/against... so I figured as long as I don't get intoxicated, it should be ok? I know that's no excuse...Also I agree and feel the same way. I would never eat or drink anything with alcohol regardless of the small amount, but the label was very convincing and truthfully I felt nothing wrong with it... at that time.   I should have asked around before I tried it and not now when it is too late. 

May Allaah forgive me, ameen.

Hijab I'm not trying to make you feel bad so I hope my post didn't come across in that way. If it did then I apologise. I think I'm just exceptionally paranoid about these things as well. Check up on islamiqa, there may be a question that is related to yours. I know that Hagen Daz ice cream, the vanilla one to be exact, has a percentage of alcohol in it and in this FB group for my hometown people are always arguing about whether or not you can eat it, and there seems to be a split in school of thought over what is permissible and what isn't.

Lol it's a rumor I heard that fruit has trace alcohol. Also apparently you can drink alcohol as long as Ur not intoxicated

cubster, you did not make me feel bad. I really should have been more careful. Its more like a reminder for myself. :flower: 

But yeah, I know theres a difference of opinion.  Some also claim that pork gelatine is permissible which makes no sense. But yeah I have read that as long it is doesn't cause intoxication, it should be ok. if a lot of it causes intoxication then a little of it is haram, so I guess the haagen darz icecream is permissible as I assume it does not cause intoxication in large amounts? and Allaah knows best. 

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Probably a stupid question but why were there no women Prophets? 

In short, it's because Prophethood is an extremely heavy task, and by nature, men compared to women are better able to handle it. But Allah knows best.

Here's a fatwa on that, if you want a little more elaboration:

https://islamqa.info/en/158044

12 hours ago, Spider said:

In short, it's because Prophethood is an extremely heavy task, and by nature, men compared to women are better able to handle it. But Allah knows best.

The feminists are going mad. :P

After reading the fatwa it all makes sense, thank you.

16 hours ago, Spider said:

Women have been able to prove themselves on the world stage throughout history, ie Elizabeth I, Maggie Thatcher, Angela Merkel etc etc.

But you never see any female managers in mens football - and honestly I think there's a good reason for that. It would never work imo as there's too many egos flying around. But idk.

7 minutes ago, superman said:

Women have been able to prove themselves on the world stage throughout history, ie Elizabeth I, Maggie Thatcher, Angela Merkel etc etc.

But you never see any female managers in mens football - and honestly I think there's a good reason for that. It would never work imo as there's too many egos flying around. But idk.

Where I've worked, the men had better command of the classroom and they calm women down if that makes sense, lol.

There's a reason why a lot of women end up leaving their work under the rule of a female boss.

2 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Where I've worked, the men had better command of the classroom and they calm women down if that makes sense, lol.

There's a reason why a lot of women end up leaving their work under the rule of a female boss.

I do believe that women are able to command teams, classrooms etc however it largely depends on the culture. In a lot of cultures women aren't respected enough to be taken seriously as leaders, but I felt this should have been a non issue since God has always proved his messengers with showing their followers miracles. I would think it's a bit irrelevant weather or not you witness a miracle at the hands of a man or a woman. Like if a woman had split the sea would it make it any less amazing?

35 minutes ago, superman said:

I do believe that women are able to command teams, classrooms etc however it largely depends on the culture. In a lot of cultures women aren't respected enough to be taken seriously as leaders, but I felt this should have been a non issue since God has always proved his messengers with showing their followers miracles. I would think it's a bit irrelevant weather or not you witness a miracle at the hands of a man or a woman. Like if a woman had split the sea would it make it any less amazing?

My view is shaped by how I've been treated by the Pakistani culture as a woman and I can tell you it's nothing to be confident about.

If a woman split the sea, I get the 'but' in my mind. Maybe I do have negative views and gender bias, based on my experiences. 

I think that women can be leaders, but I've come across more bad leaders than good. This should apply to both genders.

Although I've seen good men and good women lead - I haven't worked with them.

Eg. Apprentice 2017 women's team (just madness).

With time, I suppose it will get better or less pressure.