Maniac Muslim Forums
soulja

Random Islamic Questions

are you allowed to fast in the second half of shaban? i thought you're not supposed to but my mom has been fasting to make up missed fasts and she wants to finish before ramadan #procrastination

^ Was wondering the same thing lately. I don't think it's recommended (coz it drains you of your energy for ramadan), but if you've missed obligatory fasts then it's better to make them up before ramadan, even if it has to be the second half of shaban.

unrelated questions:

can a girl's brother be a witness at her wedding or is that a conflict of interest because he could also be her wali?

is it really impossible to just have two female witnesses? why?

Is it true that a parent's testimony cannot be accepted for a child and vice versa?

Is court marriage valid? That is, girl eloping with boy without her wali's consent?

Is court marriage valid? That is, girl eloping with boy without her wali's consent?

Court marriage? As in no nikah, just civil marriage? Or are you talking about a Muslim country where the nikah is also the legal marriage?

Here, a court marriage is just civil/legal. There's nothing religious about it. No nikah. So you don't need a wali for that anyway. Just the couple and witnesses.

Also these days a lot of people get married (nikah) without a wali so according to that opinion, it would be valid (?).

Also these days a lot of people get married (nikah) without a wali so according to that opinion, it would be valid (?).

Nah, even the minority opinion that girl doesn't need wali still accepts the other conditions of a nikkah which a civil marriage wouldn't fulfil on its own. The civil marriage is totally irreligious as you mentioned, here in the UK you're not even allowed to have any mention of God or religion in any songs or poetry in the ceremony!

Nah, even the minority opinion that girl doesn't need wali still accepts the other conditions of a nikkah which a civil marriage wouldn't fulfil on its own. The civil marriage is totally irreligious as you mentioned, here in the UK you're not even allowed to have any mention of God or religion in any songs or poetry in the ceremony!

Yeah I meant a nikah in a Muslim country where it would also be a civil marriage.

Yes I mean a nikah in a Muslim country where the wali is not present/hasn't agreed.

Yes I mean a nikah in a Muslim country where the wali is not present/hasn't agreed.

well in that case it would depend on whether they follow the majority opinion that a wali is necessary or the minority opinion that a wali is not necessary. i think. :mellow:

So there is a minority opinion that a wali is not necessary? I didn't know that.

Is using water from a cloth permissable for wudhu?

it would be easier to address the underlying question rather than to find answer to this specific question.