Maniac Muslim Forums
soulja

Random Islamic Questions

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

So you're saying it's okay for women to post pictures on MM while they are driving in a car or riding a motorcycle? 

And you're referring to Miranda's vid - she photoshopped that for comedy. 

I can barely remember what I post on here. But thanks for looking through posts.

Your post isn't passive aggressive at all. 

Sorry, I'm not trying to be passive aggressive. I just think there is perhaps some projection based on experiences elsewhere. It's true that there is a double standard in many Muslim spaces. If you see us moderate a female's post when we wouldn't have done so with a man's, you can--and should--call it out. (Though members should also be open to hearing our reasoning.) Sometimes we don't realize our own biases. That's not me being facetious, I am being totally serious. 

I don't think Shaver's post is a good example of it. I do not think we would have thought to edit it if Shaver were a lady. There's a difference between someone simply posting photos of themselves in a car (which, frankly, would just feel attention-grabby), and Shaver posting an unidentifiable photo of himself doing the very thing he has spoken on MM about for years--his primary passion/hobby. It's equivalent to you sharing a poem, or Haku sharing his photography. 

My question is about astrology and whether it's permissible? For eg. Compatibility charts. 

In history there's been mystical astrology by Sufi mystics.

So my question is whether palmistry or astrology charts are acceptable. I mean I don't believe every word, but some of what is written is quite accurate. Then again, if people base their relationships on that, then that's worrying?

5 hours ago, Breeze said:

My question is about astrology and whether it's permissible? For eg. Compatibility charts. 

In history there's been mystical astrology by Sufi mystics.

So my question is whether palmistry or astrology charts are acceptable. I mean I don't believe every word, but some of what is written is quite accurate. Then again, if people base their relationships on that, then that's worrying?

Astrology is both kufr and shirk. 
If you believe stars cause certain events then it is shirk. If you believe you can discern the unseen by them it is kufr. 

Al-Bukhaari said in his Saheeh: Qutaadah said: “Allaah created these stars for three purposes: to adorn the heavens, to stone the devils and as signs by which to navigate. Whoever seeks anything else in them is mistaken and does not benefit from them, and he is wasting his time and effort in seeking something of which he has no knowledge.” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Baab fi’l-Nujoom, 2/240) - source: IslamQA

So, non-muslims are using the punishment for apostasy line a lot and I wanted to ask how we should respond. They're saying if there's no compulsion in religion then why is there punishment for apostasy?

13 minutes ago, Haku said:

I remember that old MMer but not for the right reasons.

There's another similar topic that I found.

I should probably rephrase myself.

I have been told that women that are buried at night are close to God, yahni pious and Godfearing, so ergo its a good sign. Is there any truth to this statement? 

On 10/20/2018 at 7:20 PM, Hijab said:

I should probably rephrase myself.

I have been told that women that are buried at night are close to God, yahni pious and Godfearing, so ergo its a good sign. Is there any truth to this statement? 

That doesn't sound right.

I already have some interesting answers to this after asking around. I still need some more perspectives as it's complicated.

In Christianity, God loves the sinners but in Islam, do we believe that Allah does not love the sinners? Or the sin itself?

In Islam, babies are born sinless so later on, they become sinful and that isn't liked because it's bad...

In Christianity, this is the opposite because they are born with sin; it assumes they already have an innate urge to do sin.

My sister was educating me about Universalism or Universal Christianity and original sin which helped a lot.