Maniac Muslim Forums
Eva

Last film you watched?

The premise of the Witch was actually good. The devil destroyed the family with their own sin, from a Christian POV. Starting with the father, via pride, and continuing on to the mother via unforgiving nature and pride. The children then sinned through lies and deception. The main character's burgeoning womanhood bright the underlying tension throughout with lust being displayed in inference by the oldest son (her timer brother) and the father. As the end nears and all falls apart, her lust and worldly desire is all that remains as the devil reveals himself and she succumbs completely.

I saw The Witch as well and thankyou for explaining it.

I watched Kung Fu Panda 2 on TV the other day. I almost cried because of baby Po. :( I actually had to tell myself, it's just an animation! Tsk.

Batman vs Superman. It wasn't as awesome as I expected it to be.

I saw this too. And I agree.

it was over all a fun movie to watch BUT, the story was not so great. Ben affleck was amazing as batman, really loved what he did.

We're you just as confused as me when they breifly showed the other DC characters? And there were some scenes where batman was dreaming or something where I had no idea what was going on, like that guy telling batman that he was right about suoerman. Do you know the scene I'm talking about? Apart from that confusing stuff and the not so great storyline I enjoyed this blockbuster.

it was over all a fun movie to watch BUT, the story was not so great. Ben affleck was amazing as batman, really loved what he did.

We're you just as confused as me when they breifly showed the other DC characters? And there were some scenes where batman was dreaming or something where I had no idea what was going on, like that guy telling batman that he was right about suoerman. Do you know the scene I'm talking about? Apart from that confusing stuff and the not so great storyline I enjoyed this blockbuster.

Yeah there were lots of weird moments. As a child when Bruce falls into the hole in the ground and he's surrounded by bats. He said he dreamt they lifted him out. So what was the point of that scene? Then the part where he falls asleep in front of the computer while searching for the white Portuguese and dreams of the flash (only found out now that it was the flash), weird winged people and accurately guesses that Clark Kent is Superman. That was odd.

I know they tried to explain why Batman hates superman and vice versa but it was too boring. Aliens come on planet Earth and you blame the one good alien trying to save you for the destruction caused by others? Weird. And since when did the police start getting scared of Batman? What was the scene with the girls in the basement about? He saved us. It's still up there. Err, what?

They ruined Batman and Superman in this movie and the reasons are so ridiculous. I also hated the movie's Lex Luthor. I'm not sure what he was supposed to be like in the comics but in Smallville, the tv show, he was not deranged. And he was bald most of the seasons.

Also, those weird videos on Lex's drive. Weird experiments. What the heck was happening?

I also didn't understand what Lex was doing with Zod's body. What the computer was going on about and why she agreed to create the monster. :rolleyes:

Probably the best thing about the movie was the unexpected entry of Wonder Woman.

They could have made the dirt on the coffin levitate a few seconds longer. I almost missed it.

This is somewhat long.

Batman vs Superman. Such a dissappointment. Comes nowhere on the level of The Dark Knight / TDK Rises. Storyline rubbish as well. Felt it was rushed. They should have just made it bollywood length of 4 hours or split it into 2 parts. When will Hollywood come to its senses and realise that 4 Hour length movies such as bollywood ones work.

Eddie the Eagle. Feel good movie, has you rooting for the underdog. I thought Eddie came across as a genuinely lovely person who had dreams he wanted to fulfill, and he did exactly that. Loved it.

I thought Ben Affleck was a great Bruce Wayne, but I didn't really buy him as Batman.

The other DC characters were thrown in because they're doing a Justice League film, so they felt the need to show them so that the JL doesn't come from out of the blue. At least with Marvel, they did that scene at the end of Ironman where Nick Fury shows up. It would have been much better to have done an end credits scene where Bruce discovers the metahuman information and they just showed the clips of them and left it at that, like a cliffhanger almost.

without having that scene at the end where he says that he's going to get them together. Just a scene at the end with him going through the folders, stumbling across the info and we see the clips. Also, why didn't WW remove the file of her? She stole the drive didn't she, or could she not break the encryption? Maybe I missed that.

Okay, so I'll try and answer these in the spoiler in bold.

Yeah there were lots of weird moments. As a child when Bruce falls into the hole in the ground and he's surrounded by bats. He said he dreamt they lifted him out. So what was the point of that scene? Then the part where he falls asleep in front of the computer while searching for the white Portuguese and dreams of the flash (only found out now that it was the flash), weird winged people and accurately guesses that Clark Kent is Superman. That was odd.

Yeah, that part was weird for me, because from all the superheroes, Batman is human and the criminals he fights also tend to be human (not supernatural or magical, usually some lab accident that made them that way, and the joker has no special powers except being a special kind of crazy lol). But that particular dream was like a combination of a memory and dream, I think its supposed to symbolise what the importance of the Batman is for him, he used it to take himself out of the hole, out of the darkness, so in a symbolic sense the bats lifted him out.

This move had too many things going on. Its more of a precursor to the Justice League, which is why we see these other characters and I think that is where the movie creators went wrong. Trying to fit too many things in. The scene with the Flash coming to him, could be a dream or it could be real because in the comics this scene happens, when the Flash comes back in time to give Bruce a message. Its a bit different to what is said in the movie but, I think it hints at Darkseid and what is to come in the JL, remember at the end, Bruce says he has a feeling that they will need the others.

Infinite%20Crisis.jpg

I don't know too much about this, since I've rarely read a comic, being poor and these things not really being on offer in SA at the time, but in the Injustice, (I don't know if the above seen is connected or if they used it to for a different purpose in the movie) but I have read in a few places that in Injustice Lois is pregnant with Clarke/ Superman's baby and she is abducted by the Joker who then does something to her heart where if it stops beating then Metropolis will explode and when Superman comes to save her, the Joker sprays him with some weird gas and he hallucinates that Lois is Doomsday and kills her. Batman gets to him when its too late and Superman is driven out of control realising what has happened and that is when he takes control of the world eventually deciding to do anything he can to get her back, including killing a version of himself in another dimension to bring that Lois Lane to his world. In the dream sequence when they are out in the desert, the guys who come in to stop Batsy have Superman badges on their arms and it seems to me to be linked with that. Which I think is the reason that movie Flash says that Lois is the key. Clarke/ Superman will not be able to handle the death of Lois, regardless of how it happens and if he loses control as a result it will be detrimental to the world. Bruce has already seen that there is a need to have a plan to keep him in check because even though he is a 'good' guy now, as Bruce says, not all of them stayed that way. In this movie, Superman was willing to kill Batman (very poor negotiating skills imo) to save his mother, (which I thought was dumb, because why couldn't he just listen for her heartbeat? Its been stated that Superman can recognise a person's heartbeat, so why couldn't he listen for that or for her voice? but anyways...) so what would he do for Lois Lane, the love of his life?

Bruce's dream sequences had meaning, to set the scene for the JL, I think.

I know they tried to explain why Batman hates superman and vice versa but it was too boring. Aliens come on planet Earth and you blame the one good alien trying to save you for the destruction caused by others? Weird. And since when did the police start getting scared of Batman? What was the scene with the girls in the basement about? He saved us. It's still up there. Err, what?

Batman doesn't hate Superman. He just views him as a potential threat. If we look at the death and destruction that resulted from the fight with Zod, its clear to see why. And as he is the master of all plans, he feels its important to not put all faith and trust in Superman, because everyone has the potential for evil. We know this from Harvey Dent and how he turned after whatshername (Maggie Gyllenhal's character) died. I feel like its a bit of a throwback to the Dark Knight Trilogy. And Bruce/ Batman keeps finding more reasons to think that Superman can be a threat. The police in Gotham both revere and fear the Batman. They don't know what he is. I found that scene awesome! Batman is not your usual superhero, he has a lot of darkness around him and he is extremely dangerous even though he has a no kill rule. And I feel that the rule is more for his sanity than it is for the criminals betterment. So all you see with Batman is a shadowed cape and even though he saves them, they fear him. Batman is not about being buddy buddy with people, he is the opposite of Superman in that sense. Night and Day.

They ruined Batman and Superman in this movie and the reasons are so ridiculous. I also hated the movie's Lex Luthor. I'm not sure what he was supposed to be like in the comics but in Smallville, the tv show, he was not deranged. And he was bald most of the seasons.

I liked this guy as a villain, but I didn't buy him as Lex Luthor. I don't remember Lex Luthor being so unhinged lol I've always remembered Lex Luthor to be calm and well put togethr.

Also, those weird videos on Lex's drive. Weird experiments. What the heck was happening?

Lex has always had his hands in everything. His ultimate aim is to get rid of Superman so is always looking for things that can help him with that. If you remember in Smallville, there was one building that housed a whole bunch of weird experiments. Lex is all about the weird, but he keeps it private :P

I also didn't understand what Lex was doing with Zod's body. What the computer was going on about and why she agreed to create the monster. :rolleyes:

Well, again, he wants to get rid of Superman and he believes that Zod could do that. There is a scene where he slices off the skin on Zod's finger tips and then sticks it onto his and that is how he accesses the ship and takes control of it. The computer warns him against it but because he has control he can make it do what he wants.

Probably the best thing about the movie was the unexpected entry of Wonder Woman.

They could have made the dirt on the coffin levitate a few seconds longer. I almost missed it.

This is somewhat long.

Zootropolis (or Zootopia for the yanks)

Cute movie, nice message for kids

I loved that movie. It was so cute and the message was great, but I think more suited for adults. Kids don't discriminate the way adults do and learn discrimination from adults. The sloths were awesome!!!

Batman vs Superman. Such a dissappointment. Comes nowhere on the level of The Dark Knight / TDK Rises. Storyline rubbish as well. Felt it was rushed. They should have just made it bollywood length of 4 hours or split it into 2 parts. When will Hollywood come to its senses and realise that 4 Hour length movies such as bollywood ones work.

Ikr! I feel like they set it up quite nicely but then suddenly realised that the movie was pushing two hours and rushed the last half an hour. It would have been way better to just do the whole 4 hour movie (apparently a lot has been added to the Blue-ray release so it could be a marketing ploy to shorten the movie and then get people to buy the dvd after) and have an intermission. If people can sit through 3 hours of LOTR then they will definitely sit through this with an intermission.

I didn't like new Alfred. He came across more as Bruce's older brother or friend. He LOOKED like Bruce's older brother.

So yeah,

My own thoughts on the movie, the end was rushed. Suddenly its oooh, save martha now we're best bros. Why didn't Superman say save my mom, that would have stopped Batman too. It was like, in that moment when Batsy realised their mom's had the same name, they immediately became brothers from another same named mother. And it was all ooh my friend died and blah blah blah, I just couldn't buy that part.

And all those dream sequences! I felt like at the end Bruce was going to wake up and it was all just a dream :P