Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

And then after Uni...

Wow Zeynoop, you must be a pretty poor student. No wonder you complain about school so much :unsure:

Its the same here, (*sigh* colonialism). It used to be an 8 year degree, but they changed the curriculum to 5 years, get your degree and get called a doctor. Then you do a 2 year internship, 1 year community service, and then I think you become a registra (or something) and then you are acknowlsedged as a regular doc.

With Law its a 4 year undergrad. I think they graduate with honours and then they further it with an LLB, (which is super hard to get into), and then you can become a fully fledged lawyer.

33 years in cat years -_-

^splains it.

With Law in the UK you do the LLB honours degree, a year post-grad for becoming either a solicitor or barrister and then you do a two year training contract before you can actually be a lawyer. For the bar, you don't get paid for the training contract which is why law is seen as elitist.

I forgot to mention that have to server articles too. I guess that could be the training contract? (I'm not 100% sure how it goes, I know just the basics), but they do get paid for being a law firms slave. But its close to nothing, you could do articles if you were married to someone who can afford to pay for everything on their own or if you were still living with your parents. Something like R2500 a month, I think thats somewhere just below 250 pounds :/

With Law in the UK you do the LLB honours degree, a year post-grad for becoming either a solicitor or barrister and then you do a two year training contract before you can actually be a lawyer. For the bar, you don't get paid for the training contract which is why law is seen as elitist.

Are you talking about pupillage? They don't get paid for that? I'm sure they do.

no idea. insaallah no traditional career for me :P (do x amount of years to get y degree and work x amount of hours to get Z amount of money)