Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

And then after Uni...

hmm but unless your an arab and know arabic inside out you need english even if you want to study islam. and if you want to learn arabic you need to know another language ie english to be able to learn it.

and you need maths to be able to calculate zakat and count how many rakats you've read and what juzz of the Qur'an your on.. and how much change you need to get back and to be able to tell the time and and umm where am i going with this :blink: *scratches head* and other stuff too.

:huh:

I can't believe some of you take education so lightly, it can be stressful at times, but stress certainly is not the purpose of those textbooks. The very first word revealed to Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was "Read!" Education and the pursuit of knowledge is essential to our identity as young Muslims, especially at this time in history, and not only that, but an educated person is more respected and actually fits into the scheme of the world.

With that said, after getting my bachelors in Biology / Genetics / Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, InshaAllah, I plan on pursuing graduate level work. I'm looking into medical school, obviously, pharmacy school, dentistry, optometry, etc. Something in the medical field.

Grad school. Maybe work a bit beforehand.

I have a lot of classes with grad students in them, though, and they look kind of depressing.

shaykh was giving lecture on wha'eva brother on here said.

Education purpose in Islam is for learning deen ONLY.

N its not written anywhere for you to go aboard and study for wordly education.

or its not writtten anywhwere that you shouldn't become educated in this life.

Its better for us learn our deen first, and then think about worldy education.

wha'eva we do, have to be for the sake of Allah ONLY!

If you want to become doctor, then make ur intention is to serve this ummah! So each and every step you take towards it, then Allah swt will add it to ur good deeds. Insha'Allah ta'aalaa.

we are going to leave this world anytime soon.

How much do we know about Islam?

lets say we know lil bit about it, do we act upon it?

If we learn about our religion, then eventually we will get towards understanding of Islam, and then we will act upon it, den the last step spreading it upon others.

If we don't act upon Qur'an wa Sunnah then we have tough chance.

You can always do both things together.

If you want to become a doctor, then go ahead there is nothing wrong. Have good inentions though. Actions are judged according to ur intentions.

If you want to become a scholar of Islam, then you have to give up ur worldy education for years, and then later on when you have degree for islamic studies..you can get back to becomin wha'eva you wanted in this life.

there are always lot of options.

for me its diff, I don't want to be anyone in this world. Need Simple life widout studying hard for 8 hours or more just to give medical exam. obviously i want to become alima as in scholar of Islam! will take time insha'Allah!

Wasalmaualkum wr wb :D

^ I agree with SFJ's sentiments......but I wouldn't discount the value of 'worldly education' either- I think the idea is to always put it in perspective in view of learning about the deen aswell etc....

Having muslim doctors/lawyers/linguists/mechanics/dare I say it politicians could serve as an excellent source of dawah- and the more prominant we are in these institutions, the better all round I think- tho I'm beginning to sound like n interfaith handbook-!?

Is there anyone here who is in post-graduate education @ the moment?? I thought Mr Ferrari was- or maybe I was mistaken...

:)

What about the astronomy, biology, and other scientific material that is in the Qur'an? Having that "worldly knowledge" would certainly help to understand the depth and immense meaning of Allah (SWT)'s message to man.

Having "wordly knowledge" and knowledge of the deen are not conflicting. Both are encouraged and as youth, we should strive for excellence in both.

post grad...hmm, maybe jonas?

after uni, i plan to go on to med school or law school insha Allah, but i hope to get married during uni or something. goodness, i dunno...im only 15! :P

What about the astronomy, biology, and other scientific material that is in the Qur'an?  Having that "worldly knowledge" would certainly help to understand the depth and immense meaning of Allah (SWT)'s message to man.

Having "wordly knowledge" and knowledge of the deen are not conflicting.  Both are encouraged and as youth, we should strive for excellence in both.

333261[/snapback]

well yeah, but the scientific approach is one that completely disregards Allah, just says that what they know, is what IS... of course, in theory, they don't say that. they just say, "well, hey, it's a theory, it can be disproved anytime :whistle: " but then why is my entire bio book based on the THEORY of evolution? :hmm:

wallahu alam...of COURSE, it is meritorious to want to study the miracles of Allah, but sadly, and ironically, science doesn't recognize Allah at all... :no:

I guess, as a student of science, all of us, we shall have to change that insha Allah...

May Allah guide us all, ameen.

Understanding of science (mainly biology), does not neccisarily conflict with creationism--the belief that Allah (SWT) created the universe, and created all forms of life on it. The scientific approach says that life on earth began billions of years ago with the random association of amino acids, and since then evolution, or the survival of the fittest, has controlled the successive growth of life. However, close study of biology, specifically at the cellular level, dissproves this notion. To put it simply, the universe is far too complex to be explained as such, and therefore must have a creator.

The Qur'an says --

From what thing did He create him? From a drop of sperm He created him and proportioned him. Then He eases the way for him.

Yea, I'm saying that too. But I said that science cannot ommit Allah (SWT), because random generation of life does not account for the immense detail and complexities of the universe.