Maniac Muslim Forums
The Enlightened One

Living in the Arab World?

Yea. That's what bothers me. But tell me, how many ppl wanna migrate from Canada or US to Dubai?? Well there are some ppl I know, but most would like to stick to the West. Ppl here are treated well, their needs are looked after, whereas in Dubai and Saudi Arabia etc.....*poof*

Forget it.

340184[/snapback]

well im not referring to those that go to the middle east to work, i mean that is a necessity for some and it would be disrespectful for me question that. i mean more or less the educated ones that are all like OH I WANT TO MOVE TO DUBAI ITS MY DREAM. That's just stupid thinking for a desi in my eyes. Theres so much better out there, and they really don't know it until they get there.

This is pretty much directed to all the desi people that live or have lived in the Arab world. We all hear how people one day live in UAE or Qatar etc. etc. .. but I really ask you, would you want to live somewhere where the people see u as "beneath them" ? I mean honestly, I have alot of arab friends and I got much love for them .. but that mentality does exist where Arabs look at desis as beneath them.

All materialism aside, I don't find anything special about Dubai. Personally, I love living where I am (Canada) .. I have religious freedom and am treated with the respect of being a citizen like everyone else. Obviously there is racism all over, but in the Arab world it is DEFINATELY apparent and harsh towards our people.

Your thoughts?

340086[/snapback]

:huh: I just came to US lyk 5mnthz i livd in UAE.. i wazz born tere..nd livd tere for 15 yrz...

I dnt get the point abt religious freedom..?? RELIGIOUS FREEDOM is in UAE..but not in US.... u take hijab ppl over here comment yet sum ppl are also interestd... but tey mock alot... pl over here r a bit racist... :roll:

I found everytng abt DXB kewll..i mean apart frm luxuries..i mean the religous atmosphere.. i cannot find it ne where else...!! :cry:

Guest Sister Who

hmmm.... sad stuff in this thread man :(

i had no idea that pakis hated bengalis :mad:<_<

i knew about the other arab bit though, once when i was in mecca this woman started giving me dirty looks and when we was all in this place in where the woman were pushing like mad, she was like hitting me and my cousin going "Pakistanis...Pakistanis" looking at me with disgust.... but the way she said it was so funny, i couldnt help but laugh :lol::lol::lol: ,, but i was in a mosque so couldnt have done much anyway.....

but then again theres this "servant-owner" thing amongst the pakis too, like wit casts and stuff, so we're all perpertraitors cant just single out the Arabs.

I wanted to move to Dubai, coz the palm-tree shaped ireland thing looked really cool, thats all....

why would we wanna go to a place where we're treated as second class citezens? hmm... well one could say the same thing for everyplace coz say if i live here, theres racism here, get treated second class here too,

then theres pakistan, and people down there think their superior so we face prejudice there too.... its everywhere...

:blink: I've lived in Qatar for probably 5-6 years, and I didn't feel I was being discriminated against... or my family was. *Shrugs* Well, I was sort of young, but not so young to feel "it." ... Things weren't bad.

BUT. My dad did notice how people who were pakistanis, in general, but had an American passport/whatnot, were treated more superiorly, in terms of income/accomodation and etc.. when compared to Paki-passport dudes... It was certainly not fair... Anywho, guess where I ended up then? Dun dun dun... :rolleyes:

Asides from that, I've never heard my parents complain about anything related...

I'd like to go back, just because you feel like you belong... :cry: JK.

It's nice to live in an Islamic country, which isn't really islamic, but you see mosques around and stuffers!

My parents lived in Saudi before they moved to America. They loved it. ahah. the government does so much for you. But its sucks when you are not a citizen. but yeah. I have Ethiopian family members living all across the Arab world. Eygpt, Sryia, Saudi, Lebanon, etc. They pretty much love it. Except while in Lebanon my cousins did have complaints. ;)

and yea.... its not only desis that are hated on. Arabs have a thing against others Arabs too. Its like Khalejis vs. Shamis (Shamis all they way)! :P

Racism exists all over the world, but the point is is that in countries like Canada we as CANADIANS have rights as citizens and are treated as equals by law. I wouldn't use the US as a prime example, but Canada is pretty alright when it comes to something like this.

As for people being saddened by this thread..well unfortunately there is much truth in the stories being told. There is ALOT of discrimination against our people in those countries. Yeah, we might get a better job with a foreign degree .. but would we really sell our respect like that? For tax free income? I definately wouldnt.

My parents lived in Saudi before they moved to America. They loved it. ahah. the government does so much for you. But its sucks when you are not a citizen. but yeah. I have Ethiopian family members living all across the Arab world. Eygpt, Sryia, Saudi, Lebanon, etc. They pretty much love it. Except while in Lebanon my cousins did have complaints.  ;)

340441[/snapback]

this is more or less directed to desi people :P

this is more or less directed to desi people  :P

340448[/snapback]

brown nonetheless right? ;)

Ethiopian .....Desi...all the same. :P

^YES I got looked down upon so much from Desis man!!! (I'm a white revert) I mean not all, but theres this place...blackburn , uk. If you live in England you know what Im talking about hehe..shameful. In London I didn't have troubles though:)

Yea. That's what bothers me. But tell me, how many ppl wanna migrate from Canada or US to Dubai?? Well there are some ppl I know, but most would like to stick to the West. Ppl here are treated well, their needs are looked after, whereas in Dubai and Saudi Arabia etc.....*poof*

Forget it.

they get raped or something?You know as a student of Islam I hate Saudi Arabia.It sucks calls itself Islamic whereas it ain't.Muslim scholars always have to explain what Islam tells us to do and what the Saudis do.

This is pretty much directed to all the desi people that live or have lived in the Arab world. We all hear how people one day live in UAE or Qatar etc. etc. .. but I really ask you, would you want to live somewhere where the people see u as "beneath them" ? I mean honestly, I have alot of arab friends and I got much love for them .. but that mentality does exist where Arabs look at desis as beneath them.

All materialism aside, I don't find anything special about Dubai. Personally, I love living where I am (Canada) .. I have religious freedom and am treated with the respect of being a citizen like everyone else. Obviously there is racism all over, but in the Arab world it is DEFINATELY apparent and harsh towards our people.

Your thoughts?

340086[/snapback]

Assalaamul Alaaikum,

Not just for Desi's by the way it's for anyone other than themselves. I'm not trying to put fuel to the fire but yes I would seriously consider whether I would even make that choice in the first place. Well I would love to live in Saudi Arabia but that is a no-no because of some "issues". Hmmm I would love to live in Turkey but that is not an Arab country anyway. I think that the Arabs feel some kind of superiority to other Muslims and it is not accepted in Islam so they need to get over themselves, and open their arms to other muslims like they have opened their arms to them in their own countries. You shouldn't get treated like dirt just cause you come from another country or belong to a specific ethnicity. No hatred to Arabs by the way I think a Muslim is a Muslim no matter what their orgin. Well thats it eh.

:D

Its kinda funny aint it ....when arabs were the greatest people in the world they were all-welcoming, generous, friendly, respectful and humble towards everyone regardless of race, colour or nationality.

Now that theyre probably the worst most despised people in the world theyre also the most arrogant.

Pride comes before a fall.

Now that theyre probably the worst most despised people in the world theyre also the most arrogant.

340900[/snapback]

really? :lol:

Arabs arent that bad. Gosh, come on people. Maybe its just the ones here in Southern California...but most 3arabs are really nice, and accept everyone into their lives, homes, etc.

on the treatment of desis in the 3Arab world..im not going to act like i know about this issue...mainly cause im not Desi. But, my friend (who is desi), has a home there. Her father owns a buisness there... and she LOVES Dubai. Although, now shes back here in America. She once did mention that some 3Arabs were rude to her in school....and she just called them 3arab trash. :lol: