Maniac Muslim Forums
shenz

would you move if you could?

Asalamoalikum, folks:

I'd move to a place with no responsibilities and many books.

-jonas

Amsterdam - No, straight direct answer no reasons no nothing, best place for me... love it 2 much

London - inshAllah leaving it soon 4 a'dam... my one n true love :P

:( well i've said no now and i hope i wasnt too blinded about making that decision but i think it was a good choice. i have all my family here in the uk and over there in california there isnt anyone. I ve been on holidays there and stuff but i could never feel comfortable there. Anyhow! whats done is done, :unsure:

Thanks guys for all your advise. I guess i'll just keep looking (locally ;) )

^ i agree ive always wanted to spend some time in a latin country, i also want to go to dubai, heard its amazing

i personally would never move to USA thts cause I AM CANADIAN and even americans have said canadians are NICER! So if you ever get a chance to move here, do it! :D

I've heard a lot of negative things about Canada, I don't know why. So, I don't really have a good image of it. At our hotel in Mexico there was this Canadian guy, and he kept teaching the Mexicans how to say "Ey" after every word. It got pretty annoying. "Hola, ey!" "would you like some ice with your drink, ey?"

lol... :)

haha that it true EH! is just a pure canadian thing lol. that guy was probably drunk cause we dont say it after every word .. i use it in sumthing like" I KNOW EH!" ive heard that americans put tim horton stickers on there bags cause canadians have a good rep and they'd be more respected in other countries??? weird but true.. i mean we cant argue there are good and bad people everywhere.

JAPANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIISUKI DA YOOOOOO!!!

I find it ironic, but pleasant, that I'm treated a gazzilion times better as a Muslim in Japan than I am in Canada. (but a gazzilion times better as a Muslim in Canada than I was in Uk hehe) It was so COOL!

The only thing. Is that Japanese guys seem to like the hijab. I mean thats' cool and all, but lower ur gazzzzzzzzze hehe. Argh..wat to do...I went hijabless the first part of my trip n got no attention but when I started wearing hijab...rrr...dilemma or what!!!

Anyway it's such a beautiful country mashAllah, so much nature, so clean, the ppl are absolutely lovely.

AND THE FOOD. gegegeeggggg

Oiiiiishiii jan!!

Yes Japan is my one and only choice as well.

I'm not a Hijabi of course but I also had the same experience. Japan, a homogenous country ethnically, was so much more a pleasant place to be than Canada, a supposedly multicultural country (especially untrue when it comes to the job market - conform or die). With the increasing spectre of Muslim internmnent and/or deportation especially under a Harper govt. especially, I have really not felt as safe anywhere as a Muslim as in Nihon.

May Allah make it easy for both of us!

When I grow up, I want to live in New York. and I want to spend a couple of months in a Latin country, because their people are amazing.

355477[/snapback]

Latin as in Spanish? They are amazing? Thanks :P

I live Next to Disney World now and Universal, and Seaworld, and mad does it suck! All the loud firewokrs at night from Disney u can hear. Also my school is ecatly across from Universal so when i switch classes i see the people on the coaster screaming.

I would move to Saudia. Mekkah to be exact