Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Melancholy

Having Kafir Friends

uh oh....

u just opened up the battlefield...

379302[/snapback]

This might be the only place I know where asking a question could start a war.

You got that right. :yes:

I think there's already a thread on this, better to look in there than to have the armies come and debate about it. (really)

I would get it for you, but my web browser is not working at the moment. Hang on I'll look for the titles.

Who said that the kuffar were evil people? Nobody said that. I just asked what are the specifications of having kafir friends, because I know there is an ayah about taking them as awliya.

asalaamu alaykum

don't we need to define exactly what 'kafir' means first? THe root of the word, as well as the meaning of it in the Qur'an ? How about it? Now i don't have the answer, but I know these things need to be verified first, as a lot of Muslims are ignorant to what 'Kafir' reallyy means..now i'm not giving an answer...I do not feel I have a lot of knowledge on this subject to like give a correct answer with certainty but yeah. I KNOW that , we cannot ally our selves with the U.S., in terms of fighting their wars...and etc. This 'etc' I forgot. So I will not act like I know what I am saying, then it can possibly be wrong..so yeah. I am just going to stop here, and inshaAllah if i come across exactly what you are looking for..I will post my findingss here haha...ok sorry..

Heres my 2 cents, and I am no scholar or 'nufink' at that, just what I think and have concluded from the issue...

What is a friend? How do you class someone as a friend? What makes a friend?

Remember, youre friends define you, they reflect you, they will cause you to either get closer to Allah, or away from him. Hence, you should choose them very very carefully...

Now I go to a catholic school, I have 1500 friends there, 1400 are non Muslim, but I consider them friends, not close friends, but friends. I watch their back, but they wouldnt neccassarily do the same for me, and my friendship with them, is limited to Dawah.

With non Muslims, I only really talk about Islam, I ask them how their weekend was, ask them how their families are, but the majority of the time is spent talking about Islam and religion. Furthermore, I dont spend time outside of school with them, unless to further my dawah efforts...

Then I have Muslim friends, I have loads of Muslim friends, but even in this category, there are those I hang around with more than others. I know Muslims that arnt really practicing, have girlfriends, go to parties, and so it is with this group of Muslims, I spend the least time with, for I know if I spend ages with them, I might even start to become like them. If I do spend time with them, then usually, the majority of the time, it is again me just talking about Islam again...

This is why, for the above 2 groups, IT IS SO IMPORTANT to know about Islam, to have the knowledge, read the books, so that you can talk about topics, not to be a scholar, but to be able to talk about the basics...

Lastly, I have another group of friends, strong Muslims, who have alot of Iman, they dont sin, they like to hang around together, go further in their knowledge of Islam, like to attend Islamic events. It is with these types of people I STRIVE my hardest to be with, if I have to go chill or hang out, I try to do it with these people, because I know insha allah, if I do, I wont be tempted to miss a prayer, because we all go and pray it in the mosque, I wont be tempted to commit sin, because they all watch my back, just like I watch theirs...

Yes, sometimes, Muslims arnt really around, or there might not be loads of them at school, but you should try and find them outside school, and if you cant, it is a pretty good indication that you need to move house... ;)

When ever you pick your friends, just ask yourself, will they get me closer to Allah or further away? And then Im sure you will know how close you want to keep them or not...

:D

Heres my 2 cents, and I am no scholar or 'nufink' at that

379397[/snapback]

eventually, we'll have so many "2 cents" this issue, that we'll be able to buy a Ferrari...

Im in catholic school, so I have one muslim in my school. The thing is, she thinks she has private parts she doesn't  have and all kinds of crazy things, so of course I avoid her.

379362[/snapback]

lol.

yeah, i would think it woud be ok to have non muslim friends, but mostly i depends on the type of people they are. like druggies and drunks are very debatable.

kaffir friend=Oxymoron...lets forget all of our opinions lets read what Allah swt says... In Surah Maidah Allah swt says :

51 You who have iman! do not take the Jews and Christians

as your friends;

they are the friends of one another.

Any of you who takes them as friends is one of them.

Allah does not guide wrongdoing people.

52 Yet you see those with sickness in their hearts rushing to them,

saying, 'We fear the wheel of fate may turn against us.'

But it may well be that Allah will bring about victory

or some other contingency from Him.

Then they will deeply regret their secret thoughts

Subhanallah that is clear as clear gets.

and the sword has swung ladies and gentleman!

let the gladiatorial games begin!!!

The makelovewithkaffirs team: (so far)

theenglishhumza

The makewarwithkaffirs team: (so far)

Dakku

and then u have ur innocent bystander who will get hurt every once in a while....

(im moderating the battle....)