Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Melancholy

Having Kafir Friends

and the sword has swung ladies and gentleman!

let the gladiatorial games begin!!!

The makelovewithkaffirs team: (so far)

theenglishhumza

The makewarwithkaffirs team: (so far)

Dakku

and then u have ur innocent bystander who will get hurt every once in a while....

(im moderating the battle....)

379426[/snapback]

:lol:

You didnt read my post did you...

You didnt read my post did you...

379428[/snapback]

joke    ( P )

n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

A mischievous trick; a prank.

An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Informal.

Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office. 

it might not have played up to the part where it says "said or done to evoke laughter"

Melancholy this is the wrong place to ask, no one here can give you a true Islamic answer, take for example what Dakku posted. That is a translated ayah from the Quran, the word he translated as "friend" is awliya which means allies, so it all depends on interpretation.

Here read this aya from the Quran, may be it will help:

“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).”

I can't and I shouldn't tell you what kind of friends to have, but don’t listen to any one on this forum about real life decisions. Especially people telling you to hate or isolate your self.

Melancholy this is the wrong place to ask, no one here can give you a true Islamic answer, take for example what Dakku posted. That is a translated ayah from the Quran, the word he translated as "friend" is awliya which means allies, so it all depends on interpretation.

Here read this aya from the Quran, may be it will help,

“O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).”

I cant really tell you what kind of friends to have, but don’t listen to any one on this forum about real life decisions. Especially people telling you to hate or isolate your self

379435[/snapback]

hey look, i agree with that first part of the post, about not being able to get an islamic answer here...

but no matter wat u say on a trhead like this, it just feeds the fire... unless of course its spam.... :D:shifty:

I would read your post, but from experience they are usually just to annoying.

379438[/snapback]

:o oh snap!

the fire is spreading!

I love you too dawg...

;)

379445[/snapback]

sorry Humza, this fire is water repelant... ;)

in fact water feeds the fire too! :o

^Yeah, that's a really good hadith..

There's another one that goes something like this but Im not sure of the wording.. It says that on the Day of Judgement, you will be with those with whom you were with on this dunya..if anyone remembers it correctly, please do post.

Anyway, I have a lot of Muslim friends, alhamdulillah, however, I also have non-Muslim friends as well..Like Fatima said, hanging out with druggies or whatever isn't something you would want to do anyway, but there are a lot of simple non-Muslims, especially if they're new to the country. ;) Then again, I'm no expert, but just saying..

Here's a really good article on choosing the right friends:

Cool or Fool: Choosing The Right Friends

:)

you can have them as friends, that is fine. just don't fall into the bad things that they do, and try to be a good role model to them. its just people. don't worry too much about this issue, its not big.

but remember, its good to have good friends. bad friends will do things which are bad, and what can you do but avoid it right? and in the end, most will ditch you, atleast for a little while. some will try to get you to drink and do other foolish things...but there are 'kafir' friends who are good, and will even help you be a good muslim, remind you that you have to pray, tell you not to drink, etc. just try to be in good company

" O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, protectors, etc) those outside you relegion, (pagans, Jews, Christians, etc) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. Hatred flows out of their mouths and what they hide in their chests is far worse..."

Qur'an, Surah Al-Imran, Verse 118

:unsure:

" O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, protectors, etc) those outside you relegion, (pagans, Jews, Christians, etc) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. Hatred flows out of their mouths and what they hide in their chests is far worse..."

Qur'an, Surah Al-Imran, Verse 118

whats the confusion. there is a difference between being nice to people in general and that.