Having Kafir Friends

The makelovewithkaffirs team: (so far)

theenglishhumza

Coeur Isole

The makewarwithkaffirs team: (so far)

Dakku

Salafster

Collateral Damage (to date): 0 deaths, 0 casualties *Alhamdulillah!* :dance:

" O you who believe! Take not as (your) Bitanah (advisors, protectors, etc) those outside you relegion, (pagans, Jews, Christians, etc) since they will not fail to do their best to corrupt you. Hatred flows out of their mouths and what they hide in their chests is far worse..."

Qur'an, Surah Al-Imran, Verse 118

whats the confusion. there is a difference between being nice to people in general and that.

379620[/snapback]

u know, theres a reason i always liked u.... :blush:

I dont get wat the big deal is.

To hav a kafir friend is ok.....actually...define friend....sum1 u hangout with? sum1 u play sports with? a classmate maybe?

getting too close with a Kafir could be wrong...and i say could becuz it depends on the intention...for example..last year me and about 20 other Muslims (when i wasn't in a catholic skool) wud hang at lunch...sum of us were better Muslims then the other..but we didn't shun the bad Muslims out..we wud go chill with them and do the same things with them...but whenever we were with them and saw them doing sumthing wrong (i.e. smoking, weed) we wud stop them. Like my friend Hassan...after he learned to never smoke infront of me and wud go as far as to ask me if he cud when i was around (i wud obviously say no no matter how much he pleaded). Along with us 20 Muslims were a few Kafirs....One (Mark) who was Hindu and became a pretty close friend of us all....(more so mine)...but i wud never let him influence me...i wud be kind to him and a good friend..but me (and some of my other fellow Muslims) wud giv talks of Islam to him....eventually as a joke (seeing how he wasn't gonna) we wud ask him to revert to Islam everytime we met :D...but then we figured it wasn't gonna work...so now he's still a friend of mine...just not as close...i usually meet up with him to play ball or sumthin...but thats it.....and whenever all of us Muslim friends (bad and good ones) chill at sumbody's house (usually every Friday after Juma prayer) we wud get every1 to come together for Salah and pray..and if they didn't want to then they had no choice but to sit and watch (which Mark wud usually do if he came along with us since he was not Muslim)...but all the other Muslims wud pray...and i kno for a fact that many of them did not pray on their own....so its ok to hav bad Muslim friends or Kafirs (im not sayin to go lookin for them..but if u hav no one else to befriend) just dont let them influence you..and do the exact opposite....YOU INFLUENCE THEM.

theenglishhumza

Coeur Isole

Dakku

Salafster

Collateral Damage (to date): 0 deaths, 0 casualties    *Alhamdulillah!* :dance:

379661[/snapback]

Uhm, Bro Al Falah and FreeLancer, you got the wrong idea. I never said I was at war with whatever.... Actually, I believe that we CAN make friends with non-Muslims, only don't take them as advisors, protectors,etc. :yes:

Uhm, Bro Al Falah and FreeLancer, you got the wrong idea. I never said I was at war with whatever.... Actually, I believe that we CAN make friends with non-Muslims, only don't take them as advisors, protectors,etc. :yes:

379905[/snapback]

ouch.... Dakku, ur down to one team member, urself...

can Dakku take on the Haramaifying duo? will he survive?

dun-dun-DUN!

theenglishhumza

Coeur Isole

Dakku

Collateral Damage (to date): 0 deaths, 0 casualties

Just generally to be ale to mix with all different kinds of people, you have to be very confident with who you are - and that means knowing when to say no to something, even though that means you look the odd one out. I like hanging out with people from all different kinds of backgrounds (within reason) but that's because I'm certain I'm not being influenced negatively by them, whether they are Muslim or not.

I agree with Salafster about the verse he brought up - you should becareful about who you take advice from, and often non-Muslims have a different view on matters that is unacceptable in Islam. But, I think that verse refers more in the political sense than being really suspicious of everyone you meet. I have many non-Muslim friends, and they are good friends to me, but maybe it works because I know enough about Islam to not fall into things simply at their suggestion.

So yeah - know who are, grasshopper, before you go around making friends with every gangsta in the hood.

Persons who can read: everyone but the referree.

I was talking about sheesha, boy. Unless you mean to say...? ;)

380060[/snapback]

Number of assaults on innocent bystander (to date): 1

okok, dont cry little one...

ill take u off the team....

looks like the haramifying duo broke up...

sorry Humza, its just u and Dakku now...

theenglishhumza

Dakku

Collateral Damage (to date): 0 deaths, 0 casualties

Put me on the 'makewarwiththekaffirsexceptfortheirwomen' team

380089[/snapback]

:blink:

wow, arent u quite the pimp.... :lol:

:rolleyes:

Hey, Ref, can we have a NormalMindedTeam? I think me n' Humza, AND Al Falah, and salafster maybe are just saying the same thing...

380098[/snapback]

nope, everything is either black and white, haraam or halaal....

u know... like sheesha....

:rolleyes:

no, but really, the normalminded ppl are considered the innocent bystanders...

and wat r u trying to say? that everyone else is abnormally minded?

No dude, I think youre the crapstirrer. :D

(I never said sheesha was halal or haram. Can you acknowledge that?)

Innocent bystanders = people who dont say anything

NormalMindedPeople = people who say something, and say it right. B)

*ego moment*

can someone gimme the root of bitanah by the way? :D

380107[/snapback]

crapstirrer?!

wth?!

im joking around, take it easy and just breathe...

someones pissed....

and anyways, its not like u didnt imply about 5bajillion times that sheesha was haraam....

wowie.... :blink:

watever.... i dont even wanna get into this... sounds like the beginning of some drama.... im out...

u think putting smiley faces on a web page makes me think ur not taking this heat to ur head?!

come on....

yes, im pissed, ill be honest, cause i dont understand this crapstirrer business.... im not gonna put smiley faces all around here...

its kind of hard not to have kaffir friends when your living in a kaffir country...  :unsure:

379348[/snapback]

Too true.. and not all of them are a bad influence on you either :P