Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Melancholy

Having Kafir Friends

u think putting smiley faces on a web page makes me think ur not taking this heat to ur head?!

come on....

yes, im pissed, ill be honest, cause i dont understand this crapstirrer business.... im not gonna put smiley faces all around here...

380116[/snapback]

Shes talking about the divisions, why cant me and Dakku be on the same team? Divider... ;)

And yeah, neither me nor Coeur are taking it to our head, dya know why? IT'S ONLY THE BLOODY INTERNET FOR GODS SAKE...

:D

Im in catholic school, so I have one muslim in my school. The thing is, she thinks she has private parts she doesn't  have and all kinds of crazy things, so of course I avoid her.

I have no muslim friends, all of them are non muslim. Thats why I asked...lol.

379362[/snapback]

:lol: I don't think you should worry too much, just make sure you hang about with the right type of people. My school isn't an islamic school... However, we did have a few muslims there, (i don't mean to sound horrible in any way) but they just werent the type of people i'd hang out with. They used to get up to things even my non-muslim friends wouldnt do..

It really does depend on who you hang out with, it doesnt matter whether they're muslims or not. Both could get up to things which are just as bad.

Guest Sister Who
Ha, zactly. :D

Anyhoo, whats the diff b/w a non muslim and a kaafir btw?

:D

380140[/snapback]

isnt kaafir another word for non-muslims? :unsure:

Don' kafirs have to be people rejecting Islam? So...how u reject something u donno anything about?

Don' kafirs have to be people rejecting Islam? So...how u reject something u donno anything about?

380196[/snapback]

gppd pointino! I've heard there's debates over people who only hear 'distorted' versions of what Islam is can't really qualify as 'kaffirs'---hence the responsibility on us to demonstrate it...

Hm... I go to a public school and we have maybe 50 or more Muslims. In all honesty, I'd rather hang around with my non-Muslim friends than them. They're not exactly religious, or friendly, even. Is it wrong to be closer to the non-Muslims at my school than the Muslims?

Thank you, Faaris. That gives me a lot to consider.

But ranking a Muslim with no respect for their religion higher than a non-Muslim with respect for Islam and a better attitude doesn't seem justifiable. Grin and bear it, I guess?

I think someone asked what "kufar" means...

the lexical (language) definition for the arabic word kufar is 'one who covers up the bounties'...farmers are referred to as 'kufaar' in the LEXICAL definition...

now, you're probably thinking, what? but I know a Muslim farmer...and he's not a kaafir...yes, you're right..but they're called that because they cover up the seeds (bounties) of Allah underneath the soil to prepare for harvest, etc.

and the KUFAR (Islam definition), cover-up and deny the bounties of Allah (s.w.t.).

Man, isn't the Arabic language something else...

this Qur'an is only for people of a HIGH-level of understanding...

no you shouldnt say the quran is for people of HIGH understanding. yes we are supposed to ponder but the quran is for all of mankind. for all people of understanding. you are limiting it to a few people by saying that. yes people who have knowledge about the arabic launguage will benifit more and be able to learn more from the quran but it has guidence for everyone.

walahu alam

Oh, so if somebody doesn't really know about Islam can they really be a kafir? How can u cover up something you don't know anything about? Im confused.

I mean, they might have heard the world muslim, or Islam, but they don't really know what it is. They haven't been given dawah, so to speak.

you are correct, melancholy. the whole topic of who is a kaffir and whatnot is broad. i think different scholars have different opinions on this.

hmmmm

Taking Kuffar as friend and protectors is equivalent to turning back from faith.

Your real friends and protectors are: Allah, His Messenger, and the Believers, those who establish regular prayers and pay zakah and they bow down humbly in worship. Surah Maidah 55

Never hope that non believer will be your real friend or protector : )

Oh ye who believe! take not for protection those who take your religion for a mockery or sport. Whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith: But fear ye Allah, if ye have Faith indeed. [57]

anyways, May Allah swt make us among the righteous Ameen.

Asalmaualaikum warahmatullah.

i find that with the non muslim people that i hang around with in uni that although i laugh and joke with them and have a good time in class, that there are many times where something small and totally insignificant happens (like having to leave class for prayer) that highlights the difference between us, and that we will never really understand each other. so beside class time i strive to spend time out side of class with my muslim friends (who i ultimately feel more comfortable with anyway)

i find that with the non muslim people that i hang around with in uni that although i laugh and joke with them and have a good time in class, that there are many times where something small and totally insignificant happens (like having to leave class for prayer) that highlights the difference between us, and that we will never really understand each other.

381521[/snapback]

So so so so true...

I've noticed exactly the same thing- everything's fine and rosy on the surface level, but until anything remotely deep/serious props up it's a total vacuum...

I remember during ramadhan all my classmates were asking about fasting, how hard it was to go without eating, whether they see their (muslim) boyfriends or not etc, and all the it took was for me to say that the eating/drinking thing was easier than the spiritual cleansing involved and BAM! silence. it was like they didn't know how to react....it's strange...I'm endevouring insh'Allah :)