Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Melancholy

Having Kafir Friends

Guest BloodGuard
Regarding the sentence:

"Its hard to not have kafir friends if you're living in a kafir country", didn't the Prophet saw said "Live in this world as if you are a stranger" ?

Oh, sorry, I change my mind. You can talk to non-muslims and such but you can't assume or label them as your friend. I'm not even saying you can't take them as close friends, but I'm saying you can't take them as a friend. You can talk to them, if its important, such as asking for homework, or any type of information that's benificial, or da'wah, etc.

And the word Bitanah/Awliya was actually not only interpretted only as advisor, protector, etc. but 'friend' is also included.

388501[/snapback]

very very wrong.. take back those words, you don't want to be cast into hell fire for completely misinterpreting as to what Islam preaches.. You can have non-muslim friends (I've got A LOT, probably more than I do muslim friends but I got a lot of both type) but they can't be your CLOSEST friends.. Befriend muslim counterparts as your closest but non-muslims can also be your friends, though just not as close

very very wrong.. take back those words, you don't want to be cast into hell fire for completely misinterpreting as to what Islam preaches.. You can have non-muslim friends (I've got A LOT, probably more than I do muslim friends but I got a lot of both type) but they can't be your CLOSEST friends.. Befriend muslim counterparts as your closest but non-muslims can also be your friends, though just not as close

388513[/snapback]

I deleted that post. Sorry I posted out of ignorance without posting any hadiths, etc. I'm gonna gather up some infromation, maybe I can find out if its permissible or not. But right now where the scholars I'm reading at, theyre saying its not permissible.

Salam.

EDIT: This is what I believe: What is meant by taking the kuffaar as friends?

I know of a few Muslims at my school, and I don't really like them. They don't seem to be practising Muslims and they're just not very nice people.

All of my friends at school are non-Muslim. My only Muslim friends are my cousins, but that's alright because I have about 40 cousins or something... Yeah, big families. :P

My non-Muslim friends are all at least semi-conservative anyway and they all accept and respect Islam.

Yes but so do mine, but do they remind you of Allah and not encourage you to bad? :P

Even my cousins arnt completely practicing, so I have loads of friends from outside, though it may be harder for a girl to make them than a guy...

:D

In Islam, its either your a Muslim or you're not. People who are not practising Islam are not "Muslims" anymore (they're kafirs), until they make shahadah. Most unpractising Muslims just find their title "Muslim" as only a background or culture, astaghfirullah and may Allah guide them.

My non-Muslim friends are awesome! Sitting with them doesn't make me think "oh my Lord. They aren't Muslim! What to dooo?!" I admire them for who they are, and I do somtimes 'lecture' them about certain antics. But that's with my Muslim friends too. I like to think that somewhere in our friendship I'm being a good Muslim as well as friend, by trying to set a good example. Also we have fun convos like:

Me: James, it's time you became Muslim

James: hehe.

Me: No really. Muslim, Christian, Jew. You should have God in your life. Choose one.

James: Muslim?

Me: Yes, I'm slightly biased that way.

James: Hah yeh. Maybe later on..

Me: Yes, lets hope so.

*resume coffee drinking*

I agree good Muslim friends are good for the soul. But non-Muslims can be loving, decent, kind and good-examples also. As well as the fact by spending time with them you can tell them awesome stuff about Islam, dropped into conversation to make them wonder.

Theres nothing wrong with having non-Muslim freinds. So long as you have the strength not to be influenced by them ( in a bad way)

Its also good for Dawah masha'allah...concider it an privlege :D

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, this Qur’aan, and Muhammad), and have driven out the Messenger (Muhammad) and yourselves (from your homeland) because you believe in Allaah your Lord”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, this Qur’aan, and Muhammad), and have driven out the Messenger (Muhammad) and yourselves (from your homeland) because you believe in Allaah your Lord”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

Tafseer?

My God, you'd be terrible at da'wah the way you're going...

Tafseer?

this topic aint abt da'wah , as per as my stdies , most people I seem to meet frm 'ur part' of the world revert is coz of a girl/guy . sigh.

please , stick to this topic , this in here aint abt da3wah

Tafseer?

Upsetting non Muslims is going to be the least of someone's problems when they are making fatwah's that make no sense.

this topic aint abt da'wah , as per as my stdies , most people I seem to meet frm 'ur part' of the world revert is coz of a girl/guy . sigh.

please , stick to this topic , this in here aint abt da3wah

I don't care.

I want tafseer on these ayah now. Be it Ibn Kathir, Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn Hazm, Ibn Rajab, etc. I want you to find em for me plz. :)