Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Liban

Anime thread

I wouldn't call myself an anime freak by any stretch of the imagination, but I recently became addicted to a show called "Full Metal Alchemist". I think it's been out for a while now, but I'm an old man and I don't look for new things when they're coming out :D

Anyways, the show is about 2 brothers, one of which has lost his body and is forced to live as an empty shell of body armor, and his older brother, who lost an arm and a leg after they tried to use alchemy to revive their dead mother. The show follows them as they travel from place to place, trying to find a way to get their bodies back, and find their father. It's a pretty interesting show.

So, does anyone else watch anime, and what shows? Give us a description of the show........

That sounds interesting, I've heard of it.

Me, I've always been a fan of fighting! like street fighter and dragonball! ahah classics but, I love them damnit...because they are so jacked, and good fighting :I

I don't really like newer animes, because they look really girly...well not all. But lately I saw this one called naruto...at first I thought it was stupid, especially because the main guy sounded like bobby hill from king of the hill....but lately its gotten pretty cool! And its funny....but mainly because it has to do with ninjas, and the drawing style is pretty good, not dumb and girly. And the jokes are funny too lol. Anyways, I don't really know what its about, except that the 3 main characters are training to become ninjas! At first I saw them fighting and going through the country and now they're at some ninja school, and they're writing some exam. It was so funny because it shows naruto panicking because he didn't know the answers, and he didn't answer anything lol...but then at the end the teacher is like, ok you all pass, it was just about who would stick to the end of the test. And naruto is like -_- mmhmm mhmm, just as I thought. :I ok i found that funny

but NINJAS! AHHHH

So it's like the kids movie "3 Ninjas", in anime? :D

I wouldn't call myself an anime freak by any stretch of the imagination, but I recently became addicted to a show called "Full Metal Alchemist". I think it's been out for a while now, but I'm an old man and I don't look for new things when they're coming out :D

Anyways, the show is about 2 brothers, one of which has lost his body and is forced to live as an empty shell of body armor, and his older brother, who lost an arm and a leg after they tried to use alchemy to revive their dead mother. The show follows them as they travel from place to place, trying to find a way to get their bodies back, and find their father. It's a pretty interesting show.

So, does anyone else watch anime, and what shows? Give us a description of the show........

401835[/snapback]

YEAH WOOT FMA

naruto and bleach are amazing too

are u watching FMA in jap or with engdub?

That sounds interesting, I've heard of it.

Me, I've always been a fan of fighting! like street fighter and dragonball! ahah classics but, I love them damnit...because they are so jacked, and good fighting :I

I don't really like newer animes, because they look really girly...well not all.  But lately I saw this one called naruto...at first I thought it was stupid, especially because the main guy sounded like bobby hill from king of the hill....but lately its gotten pretty cool!  And its funny....but mainly because it has to do with ninjas, and the drawing style is pretty good, not dumb and girly.  And the jokes are funny too lol.  Anyways, I don't really know what its about, except that the 3 main characters are training to become ninjas!  At first I saw them fighting and going through the country and now they're at some ninja school, and they're writing some exam.  It was so funny because it shows naruto panicking because he didn't know the answers, and he didn't answer anything lol...but then at the end the teacher is like, ok you all pass, it was just about who would stick to the end of the test.  And naruto is like -_- mmhmm mhmm, just as I thought.  :I  ok i found that funny

but NINJAS! AHHHH

402072[/snapback]

u watch naruto??? :blink:

how old are u?

The one I'm watching is in Japanese with English sub-titles.

sailor moon is my favourite anime of all time, omg!111!

no seroiusly uhh...i dont really like new animes, i like the old ones, you know the style of drawings they had back then? Like ninja scroll, fist of the north star, street fighter animated movie, and the old gundam series, like zeta gundam. ahah i just like naruto because i love ninjas, and the animation is pretty cool. i don't really watch it watch it, but sometimes i do if theres fighting.

sailor moon is my favourite anime of all time, omg!111!

no seroiusly uhh...i dont really like new animes, i like the old ones, you know the style of drawings they had back then?  Like ninja scroll, fist of the north star, street fighter animated movie, and the old gundam series, like zeta gundam.  ahah i just like naruto because i love ninjas, and the animation is pretty cool.  i don't really watch it watch it, but sometimes i do if theres fighting.

402589[/snapback]

naruto's not really that new, it's only that it just got relised in english reciently

yeah true, but i'm talking about from the early 80's to mid 90's :I but some of the drawings in naruto are similar to some korean style, thats why i like them.

but the really old ones hardly look like anime though, like the realllllly old gundam serise, whitebase or something, the animation for seed and destiny are alot better, not to mention the storyline

<yes i'm an anime freak>

^:blink:

no comment

---------------------------------------------------

did u finish the serise yet LibanTheWhiteGuy?

402574[/snapback]

No, actually I've only gotten to Episode #5. But i was hooked after the first one!!