Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Liban

Anime thread

Almost at the end of FMA:B. I really like it but it seems like they are dragging the last ten episodes. What I really like about this anime is that the female characters are not all hot headed air heads. At first, when they introduced Winry, I thought all the girls were going to be like that but the female characters are pretty strong and no nonsense. Even Winry has developed into a better character than she was at the outside, she still has her moments but she is valued as an excellent auto mail mechanic and isn't used purely for comic relief. Olivier Armstrong scares me and so does Alex, but for very different reasons. I think this is first time, since SnK and Helsing, that I've seen really good female characters.

As for the ending of the Legend of Korra. What an utter disappointment! The last fight was SO anti-climatic and boring. The fight with Zaheer in season 3 was tons better, even the Unalaq crap was better than this fight scene with Kuvira. And it ended with a hint that Kora and Asami became a couple, although I pretty much expected that since they both broke up with Mako.

I just tested One Punch. Only two episodes on Netflix watched so far. I don't get how he got to be one punch. All he did was train till he went bald. Is that a Buddhist influence? Anyway. I like that all the towns are letters. The animation is really good, and the characters are funny but I don't like the way everyone talks their thought processes out immediately after a run in, but that's Japanese drama for you. The monsters are well drawn and funny stupid. The scene where the evil scientist brother told his now mutant giant brother to kill the guy on his shoulder that was One Punch, but the giant didn't know he was there a and killed the brother? Hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, AROwnen said:

I just tested One Punch. Only two episodes on Netflix watched so far. I don't get how he got to be one punch. All he did was train till he went bald. Is that a Buddhist influence? Anyway. I like that all the towns are letters. The animation is really good, and the characters are funny but I don't like the way everyone talks their thought processes out immediately after a run in, but that's Japanese drama for you. The monsters are well drawn and funny stupid. The scene where the evil scientist brother told his now mutant giant brother to kill the guy on his shoulder that was One Punch, but the giant didn't know he was there a and killed the brother? Hilarious. 

it's a parody on japanese hero/action anime. They make fun of cliche found in other popular anime. Like how the "hero" (played by Genos here) who is handsome and cool with a sob backstory motivated him towards fighting for justice (and saitama told him off to cut his story down to 2 sentences). It makes fun of villians with complex backstories as well. Some of the villians are well recognized from other animes.

Once you are done with one punch man there are other great animes I can recommend:

Psycho pass- This anime is a good example where anime surpass "cartoons" or even hollywood movies. 

made in abyss - beautiful 

My hero acedemia - a popular anime which is quite good. 

It stands alone so far. The problem I have with animation of all sorts is the lack of unique style. Disney and Pixar are locked in to a set. Most serial anime too. I won't be able to catch the references though, but it's fun so far on its own. How many seasons are there?

Yes, One punch man stands alone quite well and fun to watch. They have animated only two seasons so far while the manga is very far ahead

1 hour ago, Haku said:

Yes, One punch man stands alone quite well and fun to watch. They have animated only two seasons so far while the manga is very far ahead

Manga is the books?

1 hour ago, AROwnen said:

Manga is the books?

yes, the comic book equivalent of comic books. Almost all anime is based on manga.

8 minutes ago, AROwnen said:

Mosquitoes....suck.. Lol! 

We might encounter those soon. 

Wonder what works to keep them away.

15 minutes ago, Breeze said:

We might encounter those soon. 

Wonder what works to keep them away.

Skin so soft. Avon. Crazy good at keeping them at bay

13 hours ago, AROwnen said:

Skin so soft. Avon. Crazy good at keeping them at bay

Thanks Owen. You're a life saver.