Maniac Muslim Forums
Zimbabwe

Exam Tips

Hm, actually I'd suggest looking through the exam paper and scribbling down the answers u already know rather than going from start to end. It saves alot of time in my experience.

get a full night's sleep if exam's in the morning. that's essential for having a clear head and not overthinking yourself, or thinking unrealistically.

start at MOST a week before to study lectures... don't leave it for the last 2-3 days, because that's just major crammage and you feel like killing yourself, but hurting yourself is haraam

-says the person who had 4 hours of sleep last night. :(

start at MOST a week before to study lectures... don't leave it for the last 2-3 days, because that's just major crammage and you feel like killing yourself, but hurting yourself is haraam

That is sooo me right now lol. But I had no choice. Assignments due in the final week, classes end and then boom! Exams days after. sigh.

But this thread is <3

^ How did your exams go?

I was in my exam and my mind just went blank. Like literally I couldn't remember anything and I started to panick and do dua in my head like crazy. BUT I then rememberd reading somewhere that Allah is more likely to help you out when you open your palms!

So in the middle of the exam hall at my desk I sat there with my arms outstretched hands open and doing dua like crazy. The exam woman came and checked my hands (she thought I was cheating or something) and i'm telling you I rememberd it all, the page I needed just came to mind and I scribbled away.

So yeah, my tip is dont be embarassed to sit in a room of white people in the middle of your exam and do dua even if they give you funny looks and brand you as the crazy muslim one -_-

Salams,

Masha Allah may Allah bless you. I prayed for you!

Insha Allah you can always make duas before you go into an exam room and then read surah Ikhlas and fatiha in your heart, starting with seeking refuge from the shaytan, and saying bismillah.

Reciting ayatul kursi and keeping your prayers on time also helps ;)

2. Inorganic Chem, #1 - Jan 26
  3. Organic Chem II, #1 - Jan 27
  4. Inorganic Chem, #2 - Feb 16
  5. Organic Chem, #2 - Feb 17
  6. Organic Chem, final - Mar 12
  7. Inorganic Chem, final - Mar 13

Almost done preparing for number two. Just got to beat em down, one at a time.

Guest Sister Who

I'm always in a state of confusion/doubt. Before I locked my door I made sure that I turned the radiator off, I even felt the house getting colder so I knew for sure it was off. But by the time I reached my destination I was SURE that I probably left it on, (despite being 98% sure that i had turned it off coz I had a visual of me turning it off) I bussed it back to check and then back again, took me nearly two and a half hours, and of course it was off. But then as soon as I got onto the bus the second time I was SURE that I had forgotten to lock the door, then I was like "forget it I can't be bothered to go back and check, if someone wants to break they can go ahead coz I got anything important in my room anyway". And now, now im confused about some work, I make a list of things to do, and then I'll sit there for ages trying to figure out which one to do first, and then when I read stuff I always get confused. I want there to be some sort of mental hoover, brain hoover.. when you can suck out all the rubbish and organise your thoughts into boxes. And that way when I revise it would make sense too.

Annyways, the reason why I came onto this thread was coz I saw Shaheemas post and I thought she might have some tips! Turns out she didn't, but heres a tip!

MAKE DUAH FOR ME PLEASE! and then the angels will say ameen for you and both of us benefit! :D

Guest Sister Who

^ jazakAllah khair, i'll try them out when i get to my note-making stage.

I just made a whole bloody plan, sorted out which work i can do on what day, it all fitted in perfectly, it all made sense till I realised april doesn't have 31 days :mad:

this is incredible

great reminder, jazakAllah khair

i pray that all highschoolers get a whopping above 90% on their exams iA

-Ahmad

Economic Crisis in the U.S.

How are the elite dealing with it? How are the working class/poor dealing with it?

[some of my thoughts: I think the poor/working class are dealing with it by having multiple jobs, not being able to give as much time to their family, having others (family or babysitters) watching their children, etc. I'm not sure exactly how the elites are 'dealing' with it. I mean they've lost money but compared to how much they have, they haven't lost much.]

Need some ideas/articles. Jazak Allah khair and thank you for any help!