Maniac Muslim Forums

so we all kno its fake they dont really beat themselves up bt its all an act .. im talkin abt wrestling :huh:

i luv the way they beat themselves up and act like enemies only to find out tht they r the best of friends :lol:

havent watched wrestling since i heard it was haraam .. bt its just not the same after stone cold n the rock left :( ... eddie G died :o

they brought in an arab n now an indian :lol:

discuss ur fav wrestler n wrestlin stuff here :D

p.s should this be in entertainment forum :unsure: n is this a fitna thread ?

i dont think its a sport at all....i think its just entertainment for people who will watch and believe anything....like one time i saw a match and he burried the guy alive?? im pretty sure they had like madd safety precautions and stuff.

Wrestling is stupid and a waste of time. Back in the day when I was an ignorant child, I used to watch it. Undertaker was the best.

Being a Pro Wrestler is one of the most difficult jobs in the world, they have to choreograph a number of moves for 15-30 minute matches and are expected to execute them to perfection in front of thousands in attendance and millions watching at home. And even though its fake, the moves do hurt, being constantly slammed and thrown around can do a number on your body. And if you dont know what you're doing you can easily get a career ending injury.

Wrestlers also have to train for years to learn the moves and have to be in SUPERB physical condition to both survive the punishment and build their physiques. And yes a lot of them use steroids, but even so they still have to kill themselves in the gym to get those kind of results, because steroids alone do nothing for you. Than there is the fact that they're on the road 300/365 days a year.

I havent been a fan of pro wrestling since the WWF attitude era ended, but just because you dont like how its portrayed doesnt give you the right to disrespect the profession. I've seen wrestling academies and its serious business I can guarantee that those people work A LOT harder on a daily basis than most of you have worked in your entire lives. And the rule of life is to never look down on someone who works harder than you do

Yeah, I used to love wrestling shows. Now I realize its just some hardcore modern drama filled with undignified women and stupid bluging muscled-men.

Yeah, dang, I waste my time watching those, but I was just a kid, plus I believed it to be real anyway.

Yea I dont like how its marketed these days, but cmon everyone and their grandmother knew that wrestling was fake at the age of 6, but the reason people watch it and I used to watch ti wsa because its basically a live action movie which involves great athleticism.

The scantily clad women, repititive storylines, and lack of new talent(now that rock, stone cold, and mankind are gone) have ruined it. But to trash wrestling because its fake is just stupid, you woudnt go to a movie production and curse the actos for "faking" a fight scene.

Unless of course your in Bollywood where we all know the fights are real. But those guys are in a league of their own, pro wrestlers can only dream of being half as tough as Bollywood actors. JK

Guest extempers

I was a WWF fan, in fact my brother and I still own some of their stocks we bought randomly (what a waste of money that was lol)>

The game of war is so cool and like ninjas and stuff. So when royal rumble came around it was like a fantasy coming true, everyone is kicking someones butt.

If you go into it thinking its fake you won't enjoy it. I learned it was fake later on, but only when I started to think about its fakeness during the show did I dislike it.

I still like the undertaker but I don't know if he is a big figure on the show anymore.

Major reason for not liking the show: Too many storylines/drama predictabliity. Its a soap opera for boys. Oh and the fact that all blood is real and the wrestlers use a razor blade to cut their foreheads open...thats just wrong

The scantily clad women, repititive storylines, and lack of new talent(now that rock, stone cold, and mankind are gone) have ruined it.  But to trash wrestling because its fake is just stupid, you woudnt go to a movie production and curse the actos for "faking" a fight scene.

Well said, I agree completely.

Also, one thing I noticed when I used to watch ... the camera angles during a fight change so often that its hard to really get a good look at the action. I think this move is deliberate on the WWE's part so that they can "hide" angles that obviously appear to be fake.

Guest BloodGuard
Being a Pro Wrestler is one of the most difficult jobs in the world, they have to choreograph a number of moves for 15-30 minute matches and are expected to execute them to perfection in front of thousands in attendance and millions watching at home.  And even though its fake, the moves do hurt, being constantly slammed and thrown around can do a number on your body. And if you dont know what you're doing you can easily get a career ending injury.

Wrestlers also have to train for years to learn the moves and have to be in SUPERB physical condition to both survive the punishment and build their physiques.  And yes a lot of them use steroids, but even so they still have to kill themselves in the gym to get those kind of results, because steroids alone do nothing for you.  Than there is the fact that they're on the road 300/365 days a year.

I havent been a fan of pro wrestling since the WWF attitude era ended, but just because you dont like how its portrayed doesnt give you the right to disrespect the profession.  I've seen wrestling academies and its serious business I can guarantee that those people work A LOT harder on a daily basis than most of you have worked in your entire lives.  And the rule of life is to never look down on someone who works harder than you do

541743[/snapback]

Good post, I was just gonna say all this.

Also as I said previously, I watch it for sheer enjoyment and to see all of the blatant 'cheating' going on during the matches (Which is made to compose the script long before the matches and rehearsals), its just funny to watch.. I don't watch it as a sport, just as something like a TV show.. Its just hilarious.

But yeah, a lot of them use roids.. Something like Batista's build, there is no natural way to attain it, not even close. You can be pumping iron your whole life, taking all of the shakes and going on a very strict diet and you will not get anywhere near that, hell Ronnie Coleman is WAY WORSE, he probably took like 20 different kinds of roids.. :ph34r:

But yeah, they're on the road a lot and it drains a lot on you, mostly the travel.. The slams on the mat are not at all hard, the sound is just amplified by the surround sound speakers in the stadium.. HOWEVER, there are odd times when they are body slammed into the ground outside of the ring, like on steel grates and the hard metal floor, which would hurt like hell.

Plus most of these guys don't have a true wrestling background, nor real fighting ability, their moves are all characterized by the script but there are the odd entertainers with wrestling backgrounds such as Kurt Angle, Sheldon Benjamin, Bobby Lashley and like 2 others I think.. But their moves are characterized by the script to show that they inflict pain to make it seem real but they actually barely touch the guy, in most cases.. Jumping off the top rope on a guy on a table outside of the ring would hurt like a uh.. though! These guys are incredibly strong though, don't get that wrong but almost 95% of them don't have a true grappling background, nor true fighting ability

Guest Sister Who

ooh! i use to watch this with my dad when i was younger... B)

Hulk Hogan <3

hulk-hogan-hollywood-cutout.jpg

ohh yeaaaaaaaaaah! B)

dont watch it no more... apparently it aint right... coz awrah issue or w/e... i got better things on my mind now... cars :wub:

i used to watch it back in the dayz when all the best peeps were out, took a break, now im back :blush: lol , yeh i know its fake (try explaining that to my dad lol), but its good entertainment, best right now would be batista, kurt angle, rey mysterio, undertaker, cena and the divas lol astaghfirullah..jus joking :P

DIVVAAAAAAAA

lool

rey mysthairio das wah dey call me!

i miss eddie mes muchacho

^^ LOL no they don't

..i can't wait until i get my 'im ur papi' t-shirt!! :wow: