Maniac Muslim Forums
sumayya

How many languages can you speak/understand ?

Each course is different. I use it for Spanish and it teaches both vocabulary and grammar by way of examples. If you really wanna learn proper grammar through you'll have to look elsewhere. I don't know what the Arabic course is like. Memrise has official courses as well as user made ones. You have to dig around and see what you like. There's a desktop website and an app too.

You can if you want. Or just use your email address which is what I did.

I just started an Arabic course. It's nice. How do I add you as a friend?

I just started an Arabic course. It's nice. How do I add you as a friend?

My name is rashna3. Don't know what platform you're using. On the Android app at the top there's a little trophy icon. That's the leader board. Go there, then on the bottom right there's a person with a plus sign. Tap that to add someone. Choose the search option and search rashna3. And tell me your username so I can add you back. If you don't wanna post it here you can message me. Once you've added me you'll see my name in the list on the leaderboard and how many points I've accumulated for the week or month or all time. On the desktop version there are also leaderboards for everyone who is doing your course so you can see where you stand with all the other Arabic course users.

I can't seem to change my username but at the moment it's *snipped*. I've added you already.

Your score inspired me. I'm up to 81k points. Also, I already know some of the words so it's not too bad. I might slow down if there are too many new words at a time.

Your score inspired me. I'm up to 81k points. Also, I already know some of the words so it's not too bad. I might slow down if there are too many new words at a time.

WOWZA you're on a roll. if there are words that you already know then you can ignore them. under the little flower/plant thing on the top right, click the three dots and choose IGNORE. the word won't come up again.
on the app you can also choose how many words you want to learn per session/how many words you want to review per session. not sure about the desktop. also you can just stop the session midway and your progress will be saved.
damn now i have to catch up to you lol. i'm usually #1 on my list haha. i follow like 3 friends and my mom and now you.

WOWZA you're on a roll. if there are words that you already know then you can ignore them. under the little flower/plant thing on the top right, click the three dots and choose IGNORE. the word won't come up again.

on the app you can also choose how many words you want to learn per session/how many words you want to review per session. not sure about the desktop. also you can just stop the session midway and your progress will be saved.
damn now i have to catch up to you lol. i'm usually #1 on my list haha. i follow like 3 friends and my mom and now you.

I like knowing that there are known words in the mix so I don't feel overwhelmed but this particular course of Arabic is a bit weird and random. It's got animals, things, body parts, numbers, shapes, instruments, etc thrown in all together which doesn't make much sense. I might have had a hard time had I not known some of the things.

How's the Spanish lesson? Which one are you taking?

I went through a basic Italian course and I knew at least 50% of the words. I'm considering taking it to learn the rest. Although the annoying bit is, they have phrases like "I must drink some wine" but no mention of water. :rolleyes: I guess no course is perfect. :P

I like knowing that there are known words in the mix so I don't feel overwhelmed but this particular course of Arabic is a bit weird and random. It's got animals, things, body parts, numbers, shapes, instruments, etc thrown in all together which doesn't make much sense. I might have had a hard time had I not known some of the things.

How's the Spanish lesson? Which one are you taking?

I went through a basic Italian course and I knew at least 50% of the words. I'm considering taking it to learn the rest. Although the annoying bit is, they have phrases like "I must drink some wine" but no mention of water. :rolleyes: I guess no course is perfect. :P

Hm yeah I think I tried one of the Arabic courses and I didn't like it.

I'm doing A2 Spanish. I finished A1. THe whole A1, A2, B1 etc thing is some European standard. So I'm like an advanced beginner lol.

The course is good but there are some mistakes in it so you have to pay attention. I've learned A LOT. I'm able to actually have decent conversation in Spanish now. Not just cuz of Memrise, but mostly. I had taken an intro course in university like 6 years ago so I remember a bit.

I'm still learning Spanish and now I'm learning American Sign Language (ASL)! I've been wanting to learn it for years. I learned the alphabet many years ago but I've forgotten most of it. Time to start over! :dance: I really like it.